1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what do you think of me?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Evanfan, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Evanfan

this might be a little stupid, but... i just want to know.... just... tell me what you think of me..

I'm 14. you can see pictures of me on my profile. I love music. I play four instruments, i like to sing, draw, and i'm pretty good with computers. I'm kind of geeky..ish.. Everyone thinks i'm relly smart and they always ask me for help. I like to read and write. I am not the happiest person ever, but meh... i listen to Evanescence a lot. Some people think i'm obsessed with them.. but i dont think so. I like to help out my teachers every once in a while, mostly when it comes to computer stuff.. so i'm called the teacher's pet sometimes.. I'm made fun of every once in a while. I don't think i'm... good looking.. really.. and lots of people agree.
    I like fantasy movies and book, and also Science Fiction. I like video games.. of all kinds.. i play games that range from.. harvest moon and animal crossing to prince of persia and medal of honor.. i dont like wrestling.. i know both english and spanish.. and.. i'm not a 'gangser wannabe'... i dress like.. regular people do.. and i'm a very caring, loving and understanding person. Many people (mostly my sister who's 20) ask me for advice about many things. and well i guess thats pretty much it? so.. based on all that... what do you think about me?.... :icon_bigg

2. You sound like a very nice boy =]. You seem smart, helpful, and understanding which I like in people. It's good cause a lot of people your age aren't yet at that much of an altruistic level. So it shows a bit of maturity too.

3. From the description of yourself I would say that you sound very interesting! There is nothing wrong with randomness (though ADD might be a challenge....)! You seem somewhat shy, but a caring, helpful, and overall nice person. Evanescence was my favorite band in middle school and I met quite a few friends through mutual musical tastes (we were band geeks!)! Explore your interests, it may be a lifelong passion. or not.
    As for your appearance, you are not my type lol. To be honest, I think you are going through the normal teenage awkward phase. Overtime, that will change. Puberty sucks!!:icon_sad: but i want the evanescence hoodie :icon_bigg
    Be proud to be the best you and don't let people get you down.
    Metta

4. olides84

Well, from what you've said, I'd say you are a really solid, mature young man. You have an awareness of yourself that includes all these positives and that is wonderful. And you understand places where you maybe don't have it so good and that's ok.

I don't know if you are posting this because you are getting some grief from people your age. But if you keep focus on the positives, and slowly work to improve areas that you (not others) think are lacking a bit, then I think the sky is the limit for you :thumbsup:

5. Maggi

your cool :slight_smile:

6. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Indescribably inconclusive. :wink:

7. FinalFantasyFan

Well, I seeing as I don't know you personally, I can't really say, but from what you write, you sound like a really great guy. It's great that people can come to you for help and advice. I like to think that I'm good at giving advice when asked, but I always feel like I have no idea what I'm talking about and that there's someone better suited than I to give advice.:dry: Oh, and fantasy and science fiction books and movies are among my favorites:thumbsup: Anyway, you sound great, and I hope that this thread gives you lots of confidence boosts.:grin:

8. Nitro

You seem like a very balanced person with a diversity of interests. The fact that you started a thread titled "what do you think of me?" suggests a disharmony between what you perceive yourself to be and how you think people in your life think of you. This is not at all uncommon. Take our answers with a grain of salt, and don't let the question drive you crazy. Other than that, try giving someone in the family a big hug tonight - it can be easy to forget how good they feel.

9. starfish

Sounds exactly like the type of person I would want as a friend.

Don't worry too much about not fitting in during high school. The traits you have described will win you much respect and admiration as an adult.

10. Evilmonkey

you sound like a really nice guy who will always have friends who will respect your opinion and you will be their go-to-guy when they need advice, a ear or a shoulder. be proud of that. you seem to have the qualities that people hunt down when they start choosing their friends (by that i mean after school, when you drop people you hung around for the sake of it, or because of convenience etc).
    i dont really like your style in music. ya seem like a helpful person.

11. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're a 14-year-old. You're learning your likes and dislikes, figuring out who you are. And that's great. Are you good-looking? Not especially, but again, you're 14. One reason Miley Cyrus is such a sensation is that she managed to be attractive at age 14. Most of us mortals aren't (weren't). We're that weird hybrid of half child-half adult, and it seems like different body parts are maturing at different rates, and so we get this weird look about us. Trust me - every other student at your school looks in the mirror, and isn't happy about what they see...

So what do I see? Lots of potential. Go fill it. Go kick ass. :slight_smile:

Lex

12. Sarah

You sound like a pretty cool and nice guy