1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost? I dunno.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MattyPatty, Feb 26, 2009.

1. MattyPatty

Since the starting of this week (late Sunday) I've been feeling pretty down. I've only gone to school one day, which was Wed. and I went cause it was the GSA meeting and I'm the leader so I kinda have to be there. But yeah, other wise I just don't feel like doing anything. I won't set my alarm clock, I'll sleep in till like 11. My boyfriend was over on the weekend so I had a cot out for him and since he's left I've only been sleeping in the cot. I've been using the pillow I had for him and the blankets. Basically I just sit at home infront of the computer, I'll try to practice my clarinet but I've started playing it wierd, like I'll hold it so that it tears up my bottom lip and now it hurts to play. I wasn't playing it like that a couple days ago. I've been eating a lot and I'm afraid I'm going to get fatter but I just eat even though I'm not hungry. I don't know what to do. I'm getting really far behind on my school work and I don't have the motivation to try and catch up. I just don't know what happened to me :tears:

2. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Its probably depression. Sometimes Ilose all motivation and interest in things randomly. Try perking yourself up.

3. musican

I wish I had some advice to give you, or some encouraging and inspirational words, but as you know I've been feeling uninspired and unmotivated myself. Instead of trying and failing at being inspirational, I'll offer a (*hug*) and someone to listen if you need to talk. Hope you feel better soon.

4. Greggers

I dont know what to tell ya on this one honey :frowning2:

(*hug*) I have been there, done that.

Depression...well, its depressing! (thanks Dr. Phil? lol)

All i can think to say is make sure you exercise and eat *healthy* when your depressed. Often times getting your blood pumping is all it takes to get you back in the battle. Talking things out also helps, like your doing by posting here! I often write, stories and poems, when im depressed. Its were alot of peoples best material comes from sadly.

If it keeps up, see about getting meds for it. (*hug*) And like i always say, but i always mean it, drop me a wall post and just vent if you need to. I like listening, im good at it. Even if i cant always help, ill always listen and give some pretty hugs back (*hug*)

5. stilsurchin

stilsurchin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Matty, IT IS DEPRESSION. Talk to your family doctor. I have depression and take meds for it. Considering your age you need to see a doctor. Anti depression meds can be extremeley dangerous for someone your age. Don't worry, teenagers are prone to depressive bouts, what with ongoing puberty, school, friendship issues etc. Now add to that the overt or subliminal stress of being gay in a straight environment and you have a time bomb.

I think I remember you said you were out to your folks. If so, talk to them. Don't let this slide, it will get worse, but you can nip it in the bud. Hang in there buddy. There is light at the end of the tunnel and it's not a freight train.

6. ColdSnap

if is a touch of the big black cloud, the only thing i can recommend is getting active and seeing your friends, always makes me feel better

also dark chocolate, bananas and turkey are supposed to make you feel more chirpy, might be a placebo thing but it works for me

hope yous feel better :grin: x

7. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

I have an aversion to pills and medacines so my suggestion is to go do something. Do something you really want to do. Sit down, write, blog all your hidden and unrelequished thoughts away. Let it all free~ It helps me usually.

8. Melissa

I agree with everyone above. Depression really, really sucks. Been there, done that as well. I know it's hard and you feel like you'll never get out of the slump, but it'll pass. Try writing, or talking to a counselor. Just let your frustration out. Feel better.

9. sdc91

Look on the bright side? You have a boyfriend... you're pretty lucky.