1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I bipolar or something?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ChokiE, Feb 27, 2009.

1. ChokiE

So yeah, a couple days ago I was so ragingly furious about my situation that I was ready to punch a baby. All of a sudden now I'm feeling really sluggish, I feel like I'm filled with molasses and my brain is full of nails. Sharp, pointy nails that make me feel horrible. So yeah depression crept up on me real quick but even through it I have this feeling that later today things are going to get different. Almost like I'll be a different person or some shit. Does that mean I'm bipolar?

2. Alex19

not really. maybe your just emotional. (but not the emo emotional. just have high emotional feelings.) god knows i can turn on a dime. ill b happy, then one little thing happens and i blow up. (but not in a violent way- i just bitch about things and get aggrivated. its kinda funny actually.)

3. stilsurchin

stilsurchin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You are, emotionally at a very fragile point in your life. It can be for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is dealing with your sexuality. Go online and google Borderline Personality Disorder, BiPolar Disorder and Depression. They will have a 'symptoms' section. Check how many apply to you. You definitely have something, but don't jump the gun. Talk to a parent, school counsellor, school nurse, family doctor or any adult in the know. don't walk the road by yourself....and keep us posted

4. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

What is your situation? Can you explain it a little more?

5. Agerardii

Just from what you wrote it doesn't really sound like bipolar. Just from personal experience, if I have the feeling that things are going to change that's a pretty clear indication that they probably will. I was diagnosed with type 2 bipolar when I was your age and my depressive episodes are always characterized by the feeling that things could never possibly ever get better and nothing will ever change. I don't know what you're going through, though, and I'm not trying to trivialize it. But I think it's a pretty common misconception that bipolar people have these huge mood swings several times a day. Depressive/ Manic episode usually last a few days to a couple weeks with long periods of normal life in between. My advice, if you think you might have bipolar or some other mental illness is to start keeping a 'mood journal,' writing down every night where you're at emotionally, mentally, physically, etc. and how that changed throughout the day. It will be really helpful if/ when you go see a psychiatrist.

6. ChokiE

Long story. My parents began using cocaine when I was 16. I supported them along with my four younger siblings for 8 months before I finally ditched. By the time I had ditched my younger siblings were living with my unstable, insanely religious grandmother. My parents told me they were picking up the kids from my grandmother and were moving to Wisconsin, my dad told me he had work lined up and we would be staying with my aunt for a little while. We've been here for about four or five months now. My dad gets random jobs here and there doing home improvement, he lied to me about having work lined up just like he lied about everything else. My mother and father are basically mooching off my aunt. That is my situation in a nutshell with all the details cut out.

7. jangel

Hon, whatever is going on if you are having that much pain and anger please find someone to talk to . I agree with still surchin on that point, but becareful looking up diagnosis and trying to do it yourself alot of them may apply to you (heck alot apply to me LOL) but there are alot of other things besides what you will find in the DSM4 (symptoms) that go into making a concrete diagnosis. It sounds like you have a lot going on at home that isnt really that healthy (I think I commented on another post of yours that was a little more detailed) and your problems could just be situational. But start thinking of things you can do when you feel that angry until you get help such as Taking a walk, punching a pillow, cranking the music and try and go right to that thing when you start to feel escalated this may help keep you/others safe and out of trouble. Best of luck -jen

8. stilsurchin

stilsurchin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    ^^ and try to get some good exercise. It can be and amazing release...