1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In a situation where I kind of need to come out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Rowe, May 14, 2016.

1. Rowe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So, on June 11th, there's an LGBT youth pride event in Boston that I REALLY want to go to. But, I would need a way to get to Boston, and the only way is for my parents to drive me. But, that'll mean I kind of have to tell them I'm asexual by June 1st, and I'm not really ready yet. I can't really go as a supporter for a couple reasons. It's called "Shout Your Colors", so I would like to have my colors. And it's a pride event, so I want to be open about it while I'm there (which I don't really have a problem with). And I am pretty sure they know I'm LGBT already, just not sure what part. I know my parents would be accepting, but I am kind of afraid what my mom would think. She'd definitely be accepting, but she knows I'm hiding my sexuality from her, and coming out would confirm I am hiding a secret, and she would be disappointed I wouldn't tell her. So, any suggestions on what I could do?

2. Pi Fermat

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Im in the same boat, well almost. My parents suspected me to be gay for many years. I know they'll be very accepting, my dad was super chill, but I'm holding off telling my mum. I have told her no in the past because I wasn't sure. I think she will be understanding and won't mind it very much/will get over it very quickly.

So the best thing to talk to them, perhaps talk to your dad about it.