1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I really want to come out, but...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jardineli, May 16, 2016.

1. Jardineli

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So I'm am a transgender male. I really would like to come out to my parents, but I don't know how they would react. My mom had a friend who is genderfluid and recently had facial reconstruction and definitely does NOT approve of it. I think it's because she's never had the feeling of dysphoria, not being in the right hody, but I just wish she could be more supportive. How should I tell her? I wrote a letter but am slightly terrified to give it to her. What should I do??

2. iamjustababy

iamjustababy Active Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Anyways..if you do choose to come out to her, try explaining what disphoria is to her, tell her all about how you feel, and give her some links to sites on transgender issues. That's exactly what I did with my mom, and it turned out perfectly.

I'd avoid giving the letter, unless you have such bad anxiety that you can not possibly speak to her face to face. I'd want to be told in person, if my future kids came out to me.