1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm ready

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by nintenfreak92, Feb 27, 2009.

1. I'm ready to take the final step and come out but I don't know how to tell my mother that im doing it with or without her approval. I am going to write my mother a letter first to tell her what I plan on doing and then I'm going to post my coming out on the wall of my facebook. I am just scared mom will try to scare me out of it.

2. stilsurchin

stilsurchin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    While your writing the letter, think of your mom and the love she has for you so that it is all tempered with your love for her. She should see that throughout the letter. You are showing her respect with the letter in going to her first. I'm not sure about being so hasty on facebook. Are you absolutely sure? That is something you cannot reverse and the whole world will know from Alabama to Asia. I also may be a slap at your mom if you are using this to say 'too late I'm already on facebook' Know what I mean? It inevitably is up to you but sometimes a slow approach is a wiser move. You have your whole youth to process this. And remember when and if you do out to your mom. She will probably also need a good amount of time and patience on your part to process your news. Good luck. Keep us posted.

3. Maggi

i did mine on facebook and i got a bunch of supportive comments, but i also got a bunch of really nasty comments from some losers i go to school with. i would think about doing it on facebook before you actually do. think about if you can handle it, but it is worth it :slight_smile:

4. FinalFantasyFan

I almost feel like coming out on facebook, except that my mother, father, brother, and sister are all my facebook friends. And they are the people who I'm not ready to tell yet.:dry:

Anyway, Good luck with your letter. I hope things go okay with your mom, and I would also caution against the facebook thing, because it is something that everyone, and I do mean everyone that you know will see, and there are always going to be those who react in bad or just plain mean ways. So be careful, but if you are ready, then go for it.:icon_bigg

5. I'm not afraid to come out on facebook because my only friends on facebook are people from my school. So it would just be coming out to the school. And I know I will get negative reactions from people and I am completely OK with that. It's something Im going to have to put up with regardless. I have a very strong will and I don't know why but in the last few years I have gained this feeling of "I don't care".