1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Help Me.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by adviceplease, May 19, 2016.

1. adviceplease

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello all.

I've been with my boyfriend now for 6 months and we see each other frequently however he is not out to his parents.
    I have never been to his house or met any of his family what so ever he has been to my home and met my family etc so when i visit i have to get a Hotel and spend time with him there i have encouraged him to come out and all he says is ''I wish they would just ask me''
    He has asked me to come to his house when his family is there and when they ask ''Who is this'' he would say ''It's my boyfriend''

He has told me several times his family will be fine with it and will be fine with me even going as far as to say ''They'll love you'' so i am not quite sure what is going on.

I don't know how to approach it i'm getting a little bit frustrated tbh.

I don't mind going in a Hotel as he pays for food etc so we split the cost.

Please help me :frowning2: , feeling very frustrated he is out to his friends just not to his family.

(Side Note) - I have been out for 5 years to everybody , seeking advice on how to help my boyfriend.

#1 adviceplease, May 19, 2016
    Last edited: May 19, 2016
  2. doinitagain

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello adviceplease :icon_bigg

Why not take him up on the offer of meeting his family, but say you will leave it up to him how he introduces you, and that you would not out him in case he suddenly gets (more) nervous?
    Bet of luck!

#2 doinitagain, May 19, 2016
  3. adviceplease

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi thanks for the response i told him he said

''Don't rush me''

4. whizbang

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I would do something a bit differently. I would instead have a nice chat with him about coming out to his family and let him know that you 100% support him.

#4 whizbang, May 19, 2016
  5. Calf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Would it be possible to arrange a meal at a restaurant with his parents or siblings etc? That way it's less uncomfortable (especially for you) and a bit of a safer way to meet his family.
    I'm assuming that you live a fair distance apart so where does his family think he's going when he comes to stay with you?
    When me and my partner got together, he didn't even think he was gay so he never really came out to his family. They just worked it out when I practically moved into their house and they knew we did everything together :icon_wink

#5 Calf, May 19, 2016
  6. adviceplease

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I live in the South West of England on the coast and he lives in Newton Abbott so only about 25 minutes away he just tells his parents he is staying with friends.

My parents have even told him if it goes badly he can live with us here but he has told me repeatedly they will be fine about it and will ''love me'' so i'm struggling to see the problem
    Not that i'm ignorant to the troubles of coming out.

#6 adviceplease, May 19, 2016