1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tips to self-acceptance?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Dapat, May 22, 2016.

1. Dapat

Dapat Guest

I have no idea where to put this. I was going to post this in the general support area but i figured that this is more connect--- Eh... just let me know if I did a bad.

I've noticed that i've been making myself feel really bad quite a lot lately. It often has to do with my sexuality. Whenever I find myself platonically flirting with my friends, do sexual things with myself, etc, I get a feeling mixed between guilt and depression.

I was just wondering if anyone has any advice on how to get past this. I thought I moved past this ages ago, which is why i felt comfortable coming out to my best friends, but I feel worse than ever now.

2. Pi Fermat

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey,
    Sorry you feel that way, I know how it feels and also am often depressed.
    Having supportive friends is great. Focus on the good things in your life, go do things with your friends that make you happy. You could also try getting professional help.
    Feel free to pm if you feel like a chat

3. Bee12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hey Depat
    I know how you feel and it sucks! Like Pi Fermat said, the more you surround yourself with people you care about and the more that you do enjoyable things, the better you should feel. Personally, I spent a lot of time just reading stories on this website and it just helped with normalising being LGBT and realising that it's nothing to be ashamed of. Just hang in there pal, you'll get through it (*hug*)

4. Dapat

Dapat Guest

Thank you for the responses. They're some nice advice and overall some good encouragement to hear.