1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A common theme

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Lizz K, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Lizz K

So I'm not looking for support or advice, I'm hoping to give some. I figured this would be the place to do that.

Recently I've noticed, not just here but with a lot of my gay friends, that the stress levels are building. I know for a lot of us it's winter, or the end of the school year, but nonetheless it can be scary. Because as homosexuals even a little bit of added stress can be detrimental because of the weight we already carry. I think what a lot of people are going through right now is that whole "feeling alone in a crowded room" phenomenon. We're at that point in our lives where we can walk into a room full of people we love and feel utterly alone. Because, in a sense, we are. But I just want to say that no matter what, no matter how alone you feel, you always have people to fall back on. For most of us we've come out to a few people, and if we can trust those people enough to tell them about our sexuality, then we can trust them enough to lay down our burdens on them. I know they'd be happy to help.
    And that's also why we're here. Just don't give up hope, okay? Because there's a reason we all came here, there's a reason we all stay. It's that common thread we share. You'll never have to feel alone because there's always a place to go where there are those who understand.
    This might seem out of the blue, but I just see so many people struggling and it hurts me to see that. I'm in the same boat, but I know there's a way out. Stay strong.

2. stilsurchin

stilsurchin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Very wise and heartfelt words, Thanks

3. Melissa

You hit the nail right on the head. What you said here sums up exactly what I am going through. (&&&)

And this too is absolutely true. Thanks so much for putting what many, including myself are feeling. We are here to learn from and support each other. You too, stay strong. (*hug*)

4. Pendrin2020

Hahaha, this is the first pro-active post I've seen. Bringing a solution to the table in the first post instead of the problem. AWESOME!!!

To those of you out there, you are never alone. we are only a mouse click away.

5. Lizz K

That's what I was going for =]