1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am terrified of being discovered

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Bigrouphug, May 23, 2016.

1. Bigrouphug

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am a still closeted, married, bi man. I tried telling my wife before we got married but I quickly back tracked when I saw her expression. I hope to build up the courage and tell her soon but I am nervous about her reaction. I just need some encouragement.
    I am terrified that my coworkers will find out. I work in a very homophobic field that makes me depend on these guys for safety. I'm pretty sure that my life could become endangered if they found out.
    On a positive note, I have told some of my friends and they have been really supportive.

2. Nickw

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi

Just told my wife of 30 years I was Bi. She surprised the hell out of me by telling me she was O.K. with it. I have been terrified for years and the secrecy was tearing us apart. Now, we have never been closer. You never know.

I wish I would have told her years ago. You know, you don't need to be totally out. I do not plan on that...just honest with my wife. Good luck.

#2 Nickw, May 23, 2016
    Last edited: May 23, 2016