1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'll don't think I'll be able to ever come out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by alext328, May 23, 2016.

1. alext328

Out Status:
    A few people
    People always say "come out when you're ready" but I don't think I'll ever be ready and I just want to come out and get it over with, whatever the reaction is, but I'm terrified too, I've heard so many stories where it goes bad and I'm terrified of my mum reacting badly, I don't care if my brothers and sister react badly, I mean if they do then fuck them. With my mum its different, I just want to make her proud, I want to be the kid that graduates high school, the one that goes to college, but I'm scared she'll be disappointed that I'm trans and I'm scared she wont love me anymore, but if I keep holding it off the fear will just get worse and I'd never come out and I don't want that, I cant stand being called a girl and I don't think I can wait four more years or longer and just I need to make myself do it but I don't think I can without someone telling me too.

2. Shadstack

Shadstack Guest

Could you answer a few questions? :slight_smile:

1. If you were to come out to your mum (or your family?) would anything back happen to you (kicked out?)?

2. Would your brothers and/or sister tease you for it?

3. Do you live in a homophobic environment?

3. alext328

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm pretty sure I wont get kicked out, though I think she'd more so yell and if I back talked to her I'd get punched in the arm or something like that.
    I think my sister would, she always teased me about anything I liked, but she doesn't live at home and I almost never see her.
    I'm not completely sure, she once thought my friend //or me I'm not sure which// was bisexual and she said it was fine, but then when gay marriage was made legal she said it was disgusting, and at Walmart she saw a person and was like "that's a man with tits" and said other shit. Though my friend is trans and she knows that to some degree and she called him by the name he choose once so I'm not completely sure.

4. Shadstack

Shadstack Guest

Woah, she'd punched you in the arm for talking to her? The hell? Has she done that before? That's not okay, you need to tell someone if she has.

In regards to coming out, if you're not going to be kicked out, you're at an advantage to a lot of other people who have come out. It's really up to you, and I know that you won't like this, but it's really only when you feel ready to is when you should come out. If you feel it's safe, and you can handle what your sister says, go for it! :slight_smile:

#4 Shadstack, May 23, 2016
    Last edited: May 23, 2016
  5. alext328

Out Status:
    A few people
    Only if what I said was rude or I swore at her, or if I wasn't listening to her and she got mad I ran away to a room and tried to keep her out. It's not as bad as it sounds, it never really happens.
    Yeah I guess, and I don't really care what my sister thinks, I hate her.
    and Thanks