1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out of control

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Edgar, May 24, 2016.

1. Edgar

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So whilst I've been intending to stay in the closet in general forever, or at least until I leave home. I did let it slip to one person when I had a bit of a breakdown last year, but until recently nobody knew.
    So the problems all started when I went on ****** for a bit of a fun, was bored and wanted to see if I could find someone to chat to. That's how I met by boyfriend and we've been secretly dating and skyping for about two months now. Inevitably, chatting to someone on your phone all the time doesn't go unnoticed and somehow somebody at my sixth form found out. So because people are nasty, it spread as a joke. Which is bad, I have no idea what's happening now because I got thrown out all the group chats and can't stop worrying about who knows. I'm not comfortable with people knowing, it's a private thing to me and I'd rather keep it on the quiet so I don't draw attention to myself. I can't let my parents find out, I'm pretty sure that I'll be thrown out, if not immediately as soon as they can get rid of me.
    Advice?

2. syrup

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I feel rlly bad 4 u tbh but there is nothing u can do but tell everybody to fuck off abt it. Like, unless he saw u type 2 the guy u wanted to fuck him or some actually lovey shit, then u can tell everybody some real mean things and tell them to like, fuck off. thats like pretty much how straight boys are.

however, getting thrown out of group chats and stuff seems like, really severe and it seems like people might know. i understand this is a private thing, but if there's not way u can like, discredit the rumours bc they didnt see the actual material and subject of the text, tell them to fuck off but gayly. I understand you want 2 keep it a private matter, but like, if u know for a fact people know the truth and u can't change it, the like, the more you hide it the more they'll make fun of it. As long as you are extremely proud about anything and don't even waver at the mentioning of it, people can't make fun of you bc u don't feel bad abt it. I don't know why this works, but whenever I try to make fun of someone for something (teasing abt small things, not bullying) and they literally are proud as hell and say "what do u mean lol" it becomes 100% harder. I know it's super cliche, but own it.

alternatively, have sex with a girl and brag abt it. or like, do it publicly. act extremely straight. lmao.

#2 syrup, May 26, 2016
    Last edited: May 26, 2016