1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I know it's wrong...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by The Enigma, Mar 1, 2009.

1. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

But why can't I stop crushing on straight guys? I've only actually run across one freaking Bi person. -_- I can't, at all, find ANY gay men attractive save for those CK models...but that's a special case.

Fuck, I really gotta reverse this. I live in a pretty liberal place where it is safe being a queer, but goddamn it makes it so difficult finding someone hot. I don't like, or rather AGREE, with a lot of the gay community. (around here. And that's probably also due to the fact I got banned from the QSA for a retarded circumstance.) The rainbows, transexuals (yes we have those here in abundance), lisps, limp wrists, the stereotype is brought to life here in full...visual display. They remind me too much of women so I think that's why I can't find them sexy. Really, I cannot find them sexy. At all. Really, I've tried.

Now with the guys I work with at Wendy's, dear god, I am madly in love with them all. >_<) WTF? I know! There's something wrong. I know they'll never reciprocate the feeling and I can never, thanks to my job as well, take the relationship further. EVER. But I can't help but love them for some reason. Straight guys are the epitome of hot to me for some reason.

Take Luis from my job for example. Very attractive philipeno/white 6"2, slender man. Rough, normal, typical, CK hot for some reason. I like the fact that he is who he is. I like that he's rude, nasty, disrespectful and curses like a sailor's mother. I like him for who he is, how he acts, I just love everything bout him pretty much. I eat it up.

I thought they were man crushes at first but I'm nearly crushing on every goddamn guy at work. Same with school. Everywhere I go. Why're they so damn hot?

Why can't I find a gay man attractive? >_<) It's starting to annoy me.
    Any tips to making them seem attractive? But seriously, I have yet to come across a sexy gay man.

Save for Ellen Degenorus (or however u spell it) but that's because I forget she's a woman sometimes. Lol I cannot, EVER fathom why I find her hot. She's a lesbian too. Talk about confused!!

I wrote this at like fewmins till 3am so sorry if my typings funny.

2. Bunny

Sorry but uh...how do transsexuals have anything to do with the gay stereotype? :T

3. Davo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I dont think you should write off gay people all together, there are plenty of gay people who don't fit the limp wrist, flamboyant stereotype, many are straight acting and I'm sure you'll find someone that you're attracted to. It's just going to be a bit more difficult because it's easier for a gaydar to pick up someone who is flamboyant than it is for someone who is straight acting.

You have a type you're attracted to, you just need to have a bit of patience and hope that one day one of the guys you find sexy will turn out to be gay. I don't really know where you could find straight acting gay guys, if I did I'd be out there hitting on them. As for dealing with your crushes, as you yourself said, you know things can't go any further with them, so there's not much you can do there - just either ignore the feelings or enjoy them.

As for the Ellen thing, dunno what advice I can give you. I prefer Portia, and I do have a fair number of women that I find sexy and wouldn't kick out of bed (Patricia Arquette is my #1). I don't know how that happened

4. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As Davo said, there are quite a few not-stereotypical gays out there. Perhaps in the same numbers as the limp-wristed ones. Also, they are usually the types that don't advertise it all that much.

Also, to make matters more confusing, not all limp-wristed men are gay. I know two people that I always assumed were gay, but turned out to be very much straight.

You just need to go out to more gay gatherings and see if there's someone there that interests you. The chance of a hot straight-acting (I'll use this term, though I have a general hate for it) guy coming along and confessing he's gay and in love with you are pretty slim otherwise.

And of course, then there's the fact that the forbidden fruit tastes the best... Don't know if there's anything you could do about that, though...

5. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm not attracted to them either but I hate the voice- it's so ear grinding..

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As the saying goes, crushing on straight guys exempts you from ever having to make a move.

Lex

7. Alex19

OMFG! the same thing happens to me!!!!!!! all 3 guys ive ever had a crush on or thought was cute/hot have been straight! i hate it! all the gay men in my area that i come across are completely limp-wristed! i want a damn masculine man! is that too much to ask?! and the statistics show that only 1 in 5 gay men fit the stereotype. where the hell do i find the other 4?! have they come out yet? come out come out where ever u r!!!!!
    *starts searching- calls sherlock homes*

#7 Alex19, Mar 1, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2009
  8. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Lol I think they hide. No joke. If they're like me they probably don't want to be associated with those 'limp wrist' types. That's probably why.

9. Alex19

u may not b too far off. i want a boyfriend so bad... well, next year in college should be liberating!

10. DexterMorgan

In the same boat as you...

I don't want to be with some girly guy, that's not what I want... But everywhere I look, that's all I can find.

What makes it harder is that I'm always decked out in black, so maybe some guys don't like that?

11. Alex19

just today i was at target, and these gay guys walk by and what do u know? COMPLETELY effeminate. they even had the lisp. but not like im complaining- they were a couple, too old for me, and not ugly, but i wasnt attracted to them.
    *turns to partner in crime-not relationship*
    well, sherlock, the search continues. lol

12. stilsurchin

stilsurchin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Um, guys, be aware that this site has some of your brothers here that may walk a little lighter than you do. You sound like a group of queer bashing queers. Eh, What??? A little tolerance...

13. Alex19

hey im not hating on my fellow gay man- whether they walk light or heavy. im just saying- i cant find a guy who im lookin for! but really, i kinda know a couple of guys(on the more feminine side) at my school (one likes me, but its not reciprical) and the other does announcements with me at school. they have a really good fashion sense... and good hair... never noticed till now. and there pretty nice but they dont know im gay. the one that likes me knows, but its not confirmed to him. wow, i went on a rant.

14. edogs334

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Dude,

I feel the exact same way every time I go to the gym. Oh my God, it's like there are hot, masculine guys everywhere:eek: But I know the vast majority of them are straight. Besides, nobody really strikes up a conversation at the gym with someone they don't know already.:icon_sad: Any yes, women like Ellen make me forget that they're women sometimes :grin: It's like I'm a lesbian gay man. :lol:

#14 edogs334, Mar 1, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2009
  15. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

I TOTALLY know what you mean. God I sound like a little valley girl LOL...I gotta stop saying that. (and I really am from Cali-valley so not really bashing) OMG Lesbian Gay man, LOL.

I like you~ :grin:

I think Ellen may be a special case. Maybe she's an extra terrestrial. I know talking to new people at the gym is very, very difficult. Not once has anyone ever said anything to me or tried to strike a convo either which is kinda depressing. I think I come off as extremely tense or easily annoyed though. Lol And everyone has iPods on, including myself. So that just creates another barrier. Plus, I don't want to seem like some gay guy trying to pick up a new slab of meat or anything.

Oh, but in contrast to what Keith said: I have found one masculine pair of boys...though only one is hot. They're very discreet and masculine which I very much admire. On the bus, they'll hold hands sometimes, and they're always together. They don't get all sexy and smoochy on the bus too. Though if they weren't always together, I honestly wouldn't have known they were gay to begin with. Neither of them have lisps either.

I've always wondered, no offense meant just curious, where do the lisps come from when they never really had them in the first place? Is that genetic or sociological?

16. mcrteenagers

You honestly say that as if you despise the "'limp wrist' type" - whatever that supposedly means.

17. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

No, I'm just saying they probably don't want to be associated with the stereotypical gay men so they hide their sexuality a little better. That's all.

There are people out there who hate the stereotypes and don't want to be identified as one by others so they don't really act 'gay' per say. I am one of those people. I am my own person, not some hollywood stereotype so I act opposite of what usually defines a 'gay' man. Plus, I don't feel like I could fit that stereotype very well either. I tried. lol I don't have a lisp, nor limp wrists, I don't do the whole gay pride 'thing', nor do I fight for others equality, nor do I watch Hairspray, Rent or other musicals. (infact, I dread the things)

As my friend Erik said: "You're really crappy gay guy, you know that? Why don't you just be straight?"

#17 The Enigma, Mar 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2009
  18. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>There are people out there who hate the stereotypes and don't want to be identified as one by others so they don't really act 'gay' per say. I am one of those people. I am my own person, not some hollywood stereotype so I act opposite of what usually defines a 'gay' man.

So you're one of the rare breed - a "straight-acting" gay guy who actually IS "acting"?

I've got some "gay traits". There's that weird thing I do with my wrist when I point at things. And sometimes a high-pitched giggle comes out instead of a belly laugh. But there's other ways I'm more straight. I wear sports T-shirts and jeans most of the time. I've got a low-pitched voice, and don't care much for musicals.

But you know what? Who the fuck cares? I live my life as I see fit. And that goes both ways. I'm not going to stop cranking the punk rock because someone thinks it's not gay enough. But I'm also not going to stop cranking the Donna Summer because someone thinks I'm reinforcing the stereotype.

It's very common for people fresh out of the closet to have issues with femmy guys. They disdain them for being too girl-y ("I want a MAN, not a guy pretending to be a girl!"). They feel animosity for them, and blame them for homophobia ("If they would stop acting like such queens, straight people wouldn't hate gays!"). And, honestly, they fear them. They fear that if they "give in" to their homosexuality, that they'll end up being "one of them".

But here's the thing. Femmy guys kick ass. Because they've realized who they are, and what they are, and what makes them happy. And they're doing it. They're not "butching it up", hoping that nobody will make fun of them. They're not acting straight, since "gay guys aren't interested in girly guys". They're living the lives they want to, and if people make fun of them, screw 'em. No, I don't find femmy guys attractive in and of themselves. But I find guys who are confident enough to be themselves, and love themselves enough to be themselves, to be insanely attractive. Much more than a chiseled chest or a nice butt.

>>>nor do I fight for others equality

Well, thank God there are others who will do that heavy lifting for you, n'est pas? Because the very reason that there are sites like this, that many gays can live standard, (semi) normal lives is because we're standing on the shoulders of giants. And those giants were mainly drag queens and femmy guys. But hey, feel free to ride while the rest of us push. And let us know if the ride isn't going fast enough, K?

Lex

19. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Lol Point taken.

20. stilsurchin

stilsurchin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Goddamn Lex, you said what I was holding back because I didn't want to get involved in this schoolboy bullshit, but the freakin gloves are off boys and who wants a cuppa whoopass delt up?? You can take what Lex had the balls to say and throw my endorsement on it and then, for all you big tough 'straight faggots' out there, tack it up on your mirror to remind you what freakin community you belong to. Maybe go back and find the Thread I did on INTOLERANCE and read it cause one piss load of you didn't. I'm sorry I don't usually go ballistic anymore but you guys need a wake up call. I'd rather be around a queen any day than a shitty little prince. Forgive my language.....