1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extremely Nervous About Tomorrow Night

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by entopen, May 29, 2016.

1. entopen

Tomorrow night I will be coming out as transgender. I'm extremely unsure of myself, however. I don't know how much I should reveal. And I don't know how to say some things, because she is religious.

How would I explain what binders are? What counterarguments should I use if she starts bring religion in (ex: "God doesn't make mistakes", "It's just a phase, God doesn't make people like that", etc.? How should I explain that I would like to take hormones?

I mostly need help with the topic of religion, so I hope someone could offer a little advice on the subject? Thank you.

2. Elam

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Binders: Explain that binders will just flatten your chest, and that cisgenders may also use binders if they wish for a flatter chest. You may also want to add that this will also make top surgery a lot easier in the future, if you wish to get it.

The religious part: I'm not religious so I'm not entirely sure about this, but just explain that God made you the way you are - you are meant to be transgender and you can't change that. Explain that there are many resources out there that can help them understand the trans community a bit more and get a broader understanding on it.

3. Maethoriel

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    If she brings up the bogus idea of."God hates trans people", calmly and kindly let her know that God doesn't hate anyone. It's true, God doesn't make mistakes. He meant for you to be born a certain way then discover that you are grand. In my mind , (I'm Catholic), This doesn't constitute as a mistake. It constitutes as a way for you and others around you to grow stronger. Sorry if all this sounds cheesy, but I really hope it helps.