1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unsure of what to do...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by sleeplessfox, May 31, 2016.

1. sleeplessfox

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So a short tldr on why I am here. Grew up 16 years straight, a catholic for 13 of them, left the church and am now a deist, recently discovered and became a part of the furry fandom. The fandom being a very accepting community began to break down my walls in a sense. Reflecting on my life now there has been evidence i was bi all my life but being a catholic for most of them made me repress them. I essentially lied so good i believed it myself. But now that stopped working. And so having recently turning 17 i decided to finally accept myself as bi. I want to get into a relationship but i do not know what do do about my parents. And to put it simply my mom would likely accept me but still disprove of me and my dad would disown possibly be abusive. On one hand, I tell them before I begin and so their opinions of me are what they will be even if I end up with either sex. if i tell them after and then I have no problems with a girl but with a guy and I have to do some amount of damage control. Lastly they find out on their own, if its a girl no problems; however with a guy and so much damage control will be needed. Five out of these six possibilities are bad some more than others. I need advice on how to proceed.

2. Bubblez

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Honestly, I would wait things out until you're 18. Try hard to get your own place. Come out to them once you're on your own, or you actually have a boyfriend. Don't put yourself in danger, especially since that seems like a possibility.

3. gryf

I agree with bubbles. Walt until you're in a safer place.

Avoid the possibility of that abuse.

4. sleeplessfox

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you for the reassurance. I think that writing this out and hearing your response was a reality check for me. I'll keep myself safe and deal with it as it comes. Thank you very much