1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A relationship kerfuffle

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by pirateninja, Mar 2, 2009.

1. pirateninja

Okay... here goes.

There's me, J and M. We're all lesbians. I'm friends with M and we both met J a week ago. J and me hit it off really well, and J "likes me and wants to get to know me better" and to be honest, I want to "get to know her better" as well.

But this is where M comes in. M really likes J, and has already asked her out. J doesn't know what to say, because although she likes M, she has said that she likes me more. But this is where another problem comes into play.

I'm going to University in September (either Cardiff or Bath), and I don't want her to turn M down for me, when I'm going to be away for long periods of time in six months time. I do like this girl, she's so much fun :grin: but I don't want to just say "Sure, let's get together!" and then bugger off in six months time.

Gahhh, it's so difficult!

2. Lizz K

Explain that to J and see how she feels about it all. If she's okay with that and is willing to put up with not seeing you, then you'll probably have to talk to M. I'm going to assume that your friendship with M is more important than anything, so it really all depends on how she takes it. Just whatever you do, do not go behind her back. Although that's a no brainer.

3. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Um...I'm very confused. But, like she said, don't go behind her back. If you're all friends it should be easier to say something! :slight_smile:

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just tell J your concerns. And if J still wants to pursue you after you tell her that, then I say go for it. :slight_smile:

Lex

5. pirateninja

Sorry, it is a tad confusing. I have talked it over with J, and she has said that we might as give it a go :grin:

Now I've just got to sort out M. She is going to HATE me.