1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out...To my boyfriend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by No Good, Jun 1, 2016.

1. No Good

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ok, so the title is pretty self explanatory, but I've been going over this inside my head for months and I just can't think of a good solution to this.

I think i should first start with the basics. I'm 25, going on 26. I live in a fairly conservative environment which shall go unnamed. When I was 21 I was diagnosed with a fairly serious mental condition that has dragged me down ever since then. A couple of years ago, when my life was a constant emotional rollercoaster I met this guy. We quickly hit it off, and before long we were telling each other "I love you". I mean, I have always been a very intense and impulsive person, so that was normal for me. We have since started dating, and while the first month or so was wonderful, things began to cool after that. He moved back to his home country and we decided to keep a long-distance relationship which has been going on pretty smoothly for the past year or so.

During this year, however, I have began to feel the all too familiar loneliness again. I had a couple of depressive episodes and he's always been there for me, if not physically, in spirit.

Things have taken a turn for the best, though since then. I got into a very good school, and even though i've had a few slips, I've now gotten a job that does wonders for my general mood and motivation, so things are looking very good.

Now, I always felt attracted to girls, and even had some experiences in the past, but never thought of myself as gay. Well, at least not until I met a girl at school that rocked my world. She seems to be everything i've ever wanted but never knew, and over time we grew to become best friends. I had another crisis like 6 months ago and she probably literally saved my life, and so we became very close...And then we kissed.

Now, I don't want you to be like, "oh it was just one kiss and you already think you're a lesbian", no, it's kind of hard to explain, that kiss was just like a catalyst, and ever since then a lot has happened. I ended up hooking up (actually not hooking up, just making out) with a couple of other girls since then and I've found myself surer and surer of my sexuality. Now I know for sure.

I have came out to a couple of close friends, but I just can't bring myself to fully do it and I don't know how to tell this to my boyfriend at all.

Does anyone have any advice for someone in this situation?

Thanks, and sorry for the confusing read, my mind often runs off on its own and it's hard for my fingers to keep up haha.

2. Pi Fermat

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    He sounds like a great and very supportive guy. Unfortunately things don't always go the way you expect them to. The worst thing to do is to keep leading him on. You should tell him sooner rather than later. As for how, that's a tough one. Just talk to him and be honest with him. These things in life really show who are your true friends, no I don't know him but if he has stuck with you and been there for you, then he is likely to be more understanding.
    Some pain is inevitable, but I've read similar stories here and some had positive outcomes and everyone remained friends. I hope it works out for you.

3. bryaninau

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree this guys seems very supportive, and that you really want to tell him soon. What you can do is write it down and see how it sounds this way its prepping you for when you do it. You can always start with I have something I need to tell you and its not easy for me to talk about. This way he know its something serious. But you should do whats easy and comfortable for you to do. Good luck let me know how it goes.

4. Zen fix

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is a long distance relationship? Any chance of him returning to your town? I say you don't have to tell him anything other than it isn't working out and you'd like a friendly parting of ways. No explanations no drama. Just make it clean so he can move on