1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help Coming Out. Am I Gay?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by James1299, Jun 2, 2016.

1. James1299

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi, lately I have been questioning if I'm ready to come out or if I'm really gay. At this point in my life I have lost almost all feelings for girls, and can't even get turned on by girls anymore. I only can get turned on by men or gay sex. I have only ever had dreams about men and desire them. I have started to have crushes on men and girls cross my mind rarely to never now. I wanna know if I should come out and just except it all.

#1 James1299, Jun 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  2. bryaninau

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi James, First by what you have written from where I start you defiantly come across as gay. If you don't have feeling for girls at all you could really be gay, however that's a call you need to make. If you feel like you are really only attracted to men them, then their is no hard in coming out. However you need to do this when you feel ready, its not something you half to do just because you think you should. Its important to be comfortable in your own skin and loving yourself before coming out. Hope this helps

3. findingjoy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    HI James, I am just coming out now, so I am no expert. But one thing people told me here first was accept your feelings to yourself. I think that makes a lot of sense. You don't have to like them or want them or act on them, but accept them and acknowledge them.

From there you can decide. Why have you lost feelings for girls and starting to have crushes on guys?

4. rrnb

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    The first step to come out is to come out to yourself. When you're sure and proud of your sexuality, coming out gets easier. It looks like you're not 100% sure that you're gay and that's ok, but I think that maybe you should wait to come out. Letting people know who you really are is great, but you don't have to do this right now. I think it's important to understand your feelings and completely accept yourself first, than coming out will be a natural process.