1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Research Paper on Homosexuality

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Holynava17, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Holynava17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have been assigned a 5 page argumenitive research paper for my AP English III class, and one of the topics I saw on it was homosexuality, so I decided to choose that topic. I think it's a nice way of slightly coming out to others, and if I come out to anyone, I'd rather it be in a group of intellectuals than a group of.......well you knows, :dry:. Do yall think this might be a pretty good way of coming out a bit?

2. littledinosaurs

yes :slight_smile:
    i do
    and
    just a random after thought
    i hate the word homosexuality.
    but post the paper when you're done so we can read it :slight_smile:

3. Holynava17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, it was the name of the topic, and I can't change it, but I can try and slip gay in their for a replacement a few times >.< Sorry, it's just in that class I have to be very, very thorough.

4. Lol what would you prefer? And I agree it's a good idea. I always wished I could have done something like that when I was in school.

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you feel comfortable with the idea and you feel ready to take that step, then yes. :slight_smile:

My suggestion would be though for you to pick a back up topic as well. When you start writing the paper and you find that you rather not go through with it (which is totally fine) then at least you already have picked another topic and can write and submit a paper.

6. littledinosaurs

Gayness...
    haha idk just Homosexuality makes me think of homosexual which makes me think of "ARE YOU A HOMOSEXUAL OFFENDER"
    which is obviously hilarious but not good.
    hahaa.

7. Holynava17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The other topic I was considering if this one went wrong was either engineering or another similiar topic, since I was going to major into the field of electronic engineering, but hopefully I wont decide to quit this one.

8. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Engineering compared to homosexuality? The easier one to argue and persaude with will be homosexuality. Not just that, but there are plenty of stories and other things to go off of. Plenty of evidence, support, and other essays. Engineering can bore people but homosexuality can definitely stir them up and make them interested, even if sometimes it's only because they want to fight it.

9. Holynava17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, engineering as in cloning, and genetic engineering, was the topic I would have chosen, which, by many peoples standards is "an act against god himself", heh.

10. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think that's good that you have a back up topic, just in case! Good luck with the paper and let us know how it goes.

11. Holynava17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ok, I am getting my 5 resource cards now, anyone have any good sights that can be resources for my argument?

12. Alex19

i was and might do my research paper in citizens in action about gay marriage/gay rights. anything thats public policy is allowed. and thankfully the teachers in my school are very open minded. (one of the few pluses about my school)

but u can just google some sites that u can use. what are u gonna be specifically argueing about it? or is it gonna b more general?

13. Miles D

I think that it's a great idea! But try not to make a big deal out of that fact that you are gay and that's why you're writing the paper. Instead, just sneak in a "We" in a few places (i.e. "we deserve equal rights blah blah") :grin:

14. Jonah 4

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't know if this helps but I thought this was pretty amazing.
    http://www.soulforce.org/article/1365