1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need advice......

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by confusedheart13, Jun 3, 2016.

1. confusedheart13

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So recently I realized I am bisexual. I am not sure how to tell my Grandparents they are strick Christians who don't like anyone in the LGBT community I am not sure how to tell them I am bi and don't believe in a god anymore. I know they love me but I am just worried i will get a lecture ( :tantrum: ) or something maybe even be forced out of the house yes they love me but I think the like bisexuals more than they love me from how they talk and stuff. When I try and talk to them in fell like I am beating my head against a wall ( :bang: ). Thanks for any and all advice you can give me.

:help:

2. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

I was going to say don't tell them but if you live in the same house, that complicates things. If you're set on telling them, try to go one step at a time: either say you're bi or that you don't believe in a god- not both at the same time.

3. rrnb

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Girl, i feel ya. I'm bi and an atheist as well. I live with my mom and she's a bit ignorant, and when I told her that I don't belive in any god, it was complicated. She even threw holy water on me once when I was sleeping lol. It took her some time but now she accepts me and respects my atheism. I haven't told her that I'm bi because I know she doesn't understand lgbt people and I'm afraid that she would try to control my life. The point is: if you are not safe, than don't come out. Wait untill you have your independence. I know it's hard, but you should put your safety in first place. You don't have to tell them or anyone about your sexuality or your atheism, those are personal things that is only relevant to you.

#3 rrnb, Jun 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2016