1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't know what to do... HELP ME!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Roxas101, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Roxas101

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey guys...

Haven't posted on here for a little while now, but i'm hoping you guys all remember my original story? if not link.

Nothing much has happened on that front since i last posted - i still talk to him almost daily on MSN and i had an awesome birthday party... He was there naturally :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

This however is not the problem... My friends seem to have noticed that something is up with me :/ They know me too well... But anyways, they seem to think i'm somehow depressed or something is up with me - and they keep bugging me about it. I am very much tempted to tell them, but i still don't feel i'm ready to come out with that just yet... At least not until AFTER i've asked Aaron to go out with me.... I don't want to ruin my friendship with him until i have to. *embarrassed*

Did i mention that i was fairly close friends with Aaron's brother? And that Aaron's brother is gay? Well... this could just be me freaking out, but i think his brother knows...

What should i do? How should i deal with my friends (Aarons bro in particular...)?

Kaleb.

2. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Are you afraid he's going to like...rat you out or something? lol
    You should make friends with aaron's bro. :slight_smile:

3. hiddendc4

Hey kaleb,

I remember your story, and I will say you're definitely in an interesting position. As far as dealing with your friends do everything possible to assure them that there is nothing wrong. I know that is easier said than done lol. If I was you I would be taking every solitary moment to contemplate your own identity and come to terms with it, although I suspect you have already done this. After doing that I would probably just go up to aaron and just ask him out point blank. If you're worried about aaron's brother then go up to him shortly before or after asking aaron out and say somethin like "don't get all feaked out, I like aaron and I am going to ask him out." Obviously you'll have to change the wording depend on whether you talk to the brother before or after aaron.

I've found in my relatively short life that being honest and straight to the point is the best policy. Just remember you have a wonderful support system here with ec.

BTW happy belated birthday! :slight_smile:

4. gazwkd

gazwkd Guest

It's a difficult one with your friends bugging you so much, it's obvious they are worried about you.

I've always stuck to the rule of only doing something when your completely ready, it may be the case it's best to be upfont with the really close friends otherwise you could push them away as they feel they can't help you.
    Again it's difficult because you feel your not 100% ready

5. Alex19

so your friends dont know your gay(or bi)? well, that does make things a little more challenging... u could tell them if u feel ready for it- they could help with whatever your going through.
    and as for asking Aaron out, and i remember the old post, but r u sure hes gay/bi? and what about his bro? u would definately have a shot there. (if you were to be interested in him, that is)
    and happy b-day!

6. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You know, I have been wondering why you seemingly left and did not return. (I hope that doesn't make me sound like a stalker. I just really liked your story in the previous thread).

Look at the bright side: you have friends who are really caring of you. They really wish to make sure you're happy. And think of whether you're ready for them to know, and whether they are ready to know. (In fact, try to think if you will ever be ready for it. I never felt ready until aftrer I already came out. Sometimes shock therapy is the best therapy). If not, you could say that there is something bothering you, but it's something you need to find out for yourself.

If you don't want Aaron's brother gossiping about his suspicions, you might want to tell him you're gay and ask him to keep his mouth shut. If he's a decent person (which I'm assuming for the moment), he'll understand and keep the secret.

Oh, and happy birthday! You'll see this year will end better than it started! (*hug*)

7. Roxas101

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I get the feeling that they could, and almost definitely WOULD, however i'm still not sure i want them to know - i have some really great people as friends and i don't want this to change anything.

Haha... No, i'm not sure - but my instincts would say that he is...

As for his brother, that's a completely different story - i used to like him, Quite a lot actually. We had a bit of a falling out, and though we're still friends we aren't anywhere near as close as we once were. I guess you could say this is probably how he knows... He at the very least suspects me of being gay, and i've been spending heaps of time with Aaron lately, he probably put 2 and 2 together...

Thanks for the help... As to why i haven't been on i've had a busy week :S

I'll try to keep this up but nxt week is busier.:/

any ideas on how to tell my friends from you're own experiences?

Kaleb.

8. Alex19

i just told them. its alot easier to tell friends, in my opinion. i didnt say "im gay" but i just said "well, u know about me right? i mean, i dont like girls..." or something like that. only 2 of friends know but thats more than enough for now. and thats another thing- u dont have to tell all of them. mainly whoever your closest too. my friends are my closest so they got to know b4 everyone else. (not like they didnt already guess it- im so obviously homo:slight_smile:)