1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just a few issues in coming out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Marcie, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Marcie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So I realized I was trans not to long ago and I didn't think it would be a huge deal for the people I know, so I have already come out to a majority of my friends and family the only ones left to tell are my grandmas. When i told my dad i was trans he didnt believe me and tried to convince me that i was wrong, and his mom is very similar when it comes to this kind of thing so I'm a bit afraid to tell her. My grandma on my mums side tends to control conversations so it is hard to start a new topic. Any help and advise is very much appreciated.

2. IamI

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Same thing here, in a way, but I don't have any immediate family to tell. All I have is extended left. So I think me telling them is going to be non-existent to be honest. I don't know. I'm really trying to go the route of just let me be who I am and not say a thing until it's brought up or they question it.

I just can't get past the part of it really being any of their business. How I am is how I am. How I act is the way I act. You can perceive me any way you would like, and to be honest, what you are thinking is more than likely true.

Yes, I am acting all gay. Yes I am actually wearing something off the womens rack. Yes I am acting very feminine sometimes. Yes, I am good with tools and can build shit. Yes, I do have my act together and have a great job. Yes, I am showing I can make a go of it on my own. Yes, I cried like a girl when you laughed at me for it.

Just be you and let the rest sort itself out. That's not your problem. But that's just how I see it. But after saying all that... I seriously cannot wait to tell someone how really gay bi trans liquid whatever the hell it is I am. I love this lifestyle. There are so many choices!

3. Marcie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    That's a great way to view it, I have a really supportive family though so I would like them to know and would really like them to start calling me by my new more feminine name. The issue however is they don't really let me have a say in where the conversation goes and its just kinda awkward to bring it up in the middle of a conversation. But you are completely right in that everyone should just be themselves and let the rest fall into place from there.

4. IamI

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You could always just kinda self promote it without a word. Just by clothing or whatever. Once someone asks, then you have a platform. You just took over the conversation. If it takes stopping them in their tracks and bringing it to a screeching halt, then make sure you do whatcha gotta do. :slight_smile: Anywho.. just a thought.

5. Marcie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    That's good advise I appreciate it :slight_smile:

6. IamI

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Just thinking out loud. I really hope you can figure out a way. I love trying to help figure out problems, hoping they somehow can relate to mine. It's almost showtime. I feel an audience building. We need to get out there.