1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Relationship.....Help!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by coriolis, Mar 3, 2009.

1. coriolis

coriolis Guest

Hi. About 6 or 7 weeks ago I met a guy in a nightclub, and we got on quite well to say the least. He's good looking, intelligent, and I really like him etc. The catch?? He lives a few hours away. :icon_sad: He came down again the week after that, but then, I didn't see him for a few weeks.

In the meantime, I met this guy at an LGBT thing in college. A big group of us went out one night, and we ended up kissing. We went out another few nights, and the same story again.

Then, last week, long-distance guy shows up in the bar, but guy#2 wasn't out. Anyway, I was kinda drunk, and I ended up kissing him. What was I thinking?? Ugh.

He sent me a text saying that he's coming down tomorrow night. I really have to end things with him, for everybdy's sake. I really like him, but I can't do the long-distance thing. Plus, I don't want to ruin anychance I have with guy#2 by doing letting things go any further.

What do I do?? How do I end it? What can I say to avoid hurting him too much??

2. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Just tell him: "I'm very sorry, but a long distance relationship is not going to hold up. I value the time we did spend together, but I'd like to end it. Thank you."

Or something along those lines. Don't lie or anything though....that's always bad.

3. kayar

Hey, hat's off to Enigma! Sounds just about right to me. You're telling only the truth, but placing the blame on the 'distance' thing rather than letting him feel it was anything personal; so avoiding any rejection scene. Should work just right.

4. coriolis

coriolis Guest

Thanks guys. I appreciate it. Now I just have to do it....I've never broken up with anyone before. Then again, I've never been in any sort of a relationship before either.....

5. Alex19

ive never been in a relationship. kinda sad... o well. just tell him that its not gonna work. to add a nice touch, if u want, u could tell him u can stay friends. but only that.

6. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Stay friends should already be known and hoped for really. But don't pay too much attention to saying that, it's the same as breaking up a relationship. Lol

"Let's just be friends" is perhaps the WORST breakup line without actually saying it.

7. stilsurchin

stilsurchin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    and don't say "it's not you, it's me"...

8. coriolis

coriolis Guest

Ugh, how cliché.

9. coriolis

coriolis Guest

I just thought I'd give an update. I did it. It went ok, surprisingly. He said that he feels thesame way, kind of. He said he still really likes me, but its too awkward to work. We're "just friends" from now on.

**Relief**

10. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

See? It wasn't so bad. :slight_smile:

11. Alex19

cool. your in a good position then. (and give me a break on my comment up there^. i have never been in a relationship so how would i know?! lol)