1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Come Out Again?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by aurorabourne, Jun 6, 2016.

1. aurorabourne

aurorabourne Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Let me start by saying my very close friends and immediate family are under the impression that I am bisexual. This is because over a year ago I came out to them as such. (Quick disclaimer: Up until a short while ago I genuinely believed I was, and would like to apologise to bisexuals everywhere for making it all the harder for you :icon_redf) But yes, I developed very intense feelings for a women which sent off all the lesbian alarm bells because it was unlike anything I had ever had for a man. Since then I have come to realise that these "crushes??" I had on guys were me liking the idea of a relationship with someone as sweet as they were, whilst never once wanting the D. To add to that, each time a lovely guy has tried to kiss/date me, I always wanted to run far, far away even though they were actually great guys. (Seriously so many signals I swear, I'm so dense :roflmao:slight_smile:

But to get to the point, they've thought I was bisexual for such a long time and they all witnessed me struggling to identify my sexuality the first time so I want to be able to tell them I've actually been a lesbian all along without them thinking I'm just being indecisive and will likely change my mind. Any tips, or personal experience is very much welcome, thank you for listening! :slight_smile:

2. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know where you're coming from. I've denied 'clues' that were like being hit in the face with a brick wall. :bang:
    When I came out to a work colleague he asked 'Why did I get married?' I responded 'What's that river in Egypt' ..... "d'Nile"

It's OK to be honest and tell everyone that you were just figuring yourself out...

Besides the only persons opinion of you that matters is yours.

(*hug*)

3. aurorabourne

aurorabourne Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Haha "d'nile" that just made my day! :eusa_clap Thank you for understanding and putting things in perspective for me, I can be my own worst enemy at times!

I think I'll let this revelation sit with me for a while before I declare myself, as long as I now know who I truly am and accept it that is all that matters presently.

Thank you again, YermanTom! (*hug*)