1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats your opinion

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by twixy30, Mar 3, 2009.

1. twixy30

ok i was wondering if you all can help me out. I like someone but i can tell if i like her for her looks or for her what she is on the inside my question is what do you all look for when you are looking for a relationship or am i just totally off in my thinking.. thanks for your thoughts.

2. stilsurchin

stilsurchin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Looks may attract, Twix but what's inside will determine the future. Keith

3. Mysterons

Mysterons Guest

Usually, the first and instant attraction is merely physical but what ultimately makes me 'fall in love' with a guy is his personality - something that hasn't happened for a long while :icon_sad:.

4. Lizz K

At first I'm usually attracted to a girl by her looks, but as I get to know her it either develops into both or just stays physical. If there's no emotional connection then there's no real connection. =]

5. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

I agree with Mysterons. The first thing I notice is physical, lustful attraction. Then, after being with them a while, I develop deeper feelings with their persona or soul. However you want to phrase that works. I begin to like them for who they are, not what they look like. Though that is an added bonus. lol Then I remember...they're straight. -_-

6. twixy30

so what you are saying is that i need to look at the inside because it that is what is important and if along the way they are cute then its an added bonus?

7. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Yes. Eventually, if the relationship takes off--you're going to want to live with them. You're going to want to breath the same air, share the same bed, lye next to them every night. Do you want to spend all that time with someone who has a nasty or malicious personality despite looking like an Ambercrombie Fitch model? Not really. (Well me, maybe one nite or two. Lol but that's all)

8. twixy30

thank for all you thought and Enigma ypu are funny thanks for what you said. you all gave me something to think about.

9. gazwkd

gazwkd Guest

I've never specifically looked for anything, it's all a matter of getting to know them a little.
    If I click with them then that's all that I need for confirmation :slight_smile:

10. SexyTimeInTent

Southend-On-Sea, Essex, South East, England
    the first thing i notice is looks, but as i get to know her, if she's really nice and we connect then great, if we dont then it can never be a relationship, however I dont think you can have a relationship with someone unless you are genuinely attracted to them.

11. jangel

I am with my bestfriend, someone who shares my dreams, supports me, and loves me for who I am, someone who would walk through fire to save me and tells me she loves me everday 3-6 times a day (still after 5 years). Although she was not my sterotypical "type" in any way shape or form. We started as friends and I fell in love with HER, the way she viewed life and her giant heart. From there the physical attraction came with the falling in love. Now 5 years later I can say she is the most beautiful woman in the world in my eyes I don't care if she fits into a mold in my or anyone elses mind. I have dated my sterotypical dream girls and they were all crazy LOL Hope this helps wishing you the best of luck on your search -Jen

12. Alex19

yea- as a guy first looks are kinda big but i dont think im shallow enough to not give them a shot- unless i know for a fact there could be nothing there. and for me, when i actually get into a relationship, ill let u know how i went about it. :slight_smile: but i think youll figure it out. your smart.

13. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For me, looks are that initial "wow" factor, but if someone's really cute but has absolutely nothing below the surface, I'll lose interest really quickly. It's personality, intelligence and humour that I fall in love with.

14. Alex19

i agree. but isnt that what everyone looks for in a spouse? i guess those are the best qualities, right?:icon_bigg

15. twixy30

thanks eveyone that helps me a lot...