1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I come out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by skroala, Jun 7, 2016.

1. skroala

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My ma's against everything. She loves her daughter, supports her, tries to make her wear girly clothes, cares about her look, but the only thing is that I am not a girl! During my ma's business trip I've cut my hair and started wearing binder. When she came back she told me that I look like a boy, I was happy, but she seemed kinda upset about it. She's always telling me to style my hair in other girly way, wear colourful clothes, dresses, skirts and act like a girl. Today I've told her that I want to go to our graduation bal in shirt and trousers and she started to yell at me. I'm really confused and in pain because of her actions...

My dad's a stereotypical guy who hates everyone who's different in any way. I don't think that he believes in god so that makes things kind of easier but still.

I'm really afraid of coming out to my parents. I don't know if I can get any support from them and if this won't complicate things even more... Should I wait a bit longer? Or just don't ever mention it again?

Also I'm sorry for my bad english

2. RosePetals76

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe start by telling her you're a tomboy, and prefer boy's clothes? That could ease her in for later and make you more comfortable, without fully outing you.