1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ranting and need advice/ anybody else gone through this?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by flyingsublime8, Jun 8, 2016.

1. flyingsublime8

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I am a person who is in a really accepting environment a lot of my friends are queer my family is cool with everything and a lot of friends from high school have been supportive. I came out to my best friend when I was 17 and my parents when I was 18 and 19 they have all been loving. I feel like my best friend is the only one who I have genuinely come out to in the sense that she's the only one who never made me feel like I was pushed into a corner (figuratively) and asked if I was queer.
    I have acknowledged it in myself but I don't think I have completely come to terms with accepting it because I usually freeze up at the question and usually lie or get defensive and I can't seem to bring myself to do it and it's starting to drive me insane because this is the only way I have significantly f'd up my life.I can't stand the fact that I still feel as if I need to keep this part of myself hidden from everyone, I feel like my world is so small and the world is truly bigger than what I make it out to be and the only thing really preventing me from experiencing it is the fact that I am afraid to even say queer (I sure as hell hint at it) and be happy confident and proud to say it. Just any advice or people who have been in a similar situation would be very much appreciated.:bang::bang::bang:

2. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would say time could help. It can take a while for people to build up confidence but over time, people can generally gain it. A strategy that helped me out a lot is repeating to myself when I'm alone that I'm gay so that I can personally get more used to saying it.