1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Coming out even worth it?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by sarahg, Jun 9, 2016.

1. sarahg

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Im bisexual and I am really struggling with not being able to tell my mom about this girl that I realllllyyyy like. The only problem is that she is really lutheran. Die hard lutheran. I am afraid that if I come out she won't accept me blah blah blah. My story is very similar to a lot of other people's but my real question is, is it worth it? Why would I come out if there is even a remote chance that I would end up in a heterosexual relationship? I mean I really want to because I feel like it would be a huge burden off my shoulders. I struggle a lot with hell and stuff but is it even worth ruining my relationship with my mother?

2. SecretLilCj21

Ok, the problem with this question is that no one will be able to answer it correctly and completely. See, we all have different experiences and for some of us it was 100% worth it, but for others, it wasn't. Sorry, this doesn't help much, but it is the truth. I wish you the best of luck.

#2 SecretLilCj21, Jun 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  3. FallenAngel99

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just as SecretLic said, there's no 110% correct answer to your question but the advice I can give you is only come out if your comfortable with your situation and if you feel safe doing it, if you do not feel safe to come out then there is no rush, you do not have to come out if you do not want to. From my own experience, it was worth it because yes I got the "your going to hell!" speech but after a while my family got used to the idea of me being gay so while yes if you do not feel safe to come out then please don't but I also think that coming out is like ripping off a band-aid, it hurts like hell but we have to do it eventually. Just stay safe please.