1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am i being lead down the garden path?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by adviceplease, Jun 10, 2016.

1. adviceplease

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello everybody.

I have been in a relationship with my boyfriend for nearly 7 months now and he is out to all his friends , but not his family.

I am out to everybody he's 23 and i'm 22 but it's costing me like £700-800 pounds everytime i see him as we have to use a hotel to see each other as i can't go to his house and he hasn't paid once (he doesn't earn enough tbh) while i am very financially stable he pays for the odd meal etc when i visit.

I have not met any of his friends at all i couldn't tell you one of his friends names.

I don't know how to ask him...without him walking? We have sent each other over 194,000 messages on Facebook he messages me first thing in the morning and last thing at night.

Really Really Confused (His family aren't religious what so ever we are both English and both families are very liberal)

Any advice would be hugely valuable thank you.

2. Tomás1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What about him coming to your house, maybe when no one's home?

Or do either of you have a friend who's place you could use? It sounds complicated. Imbalance over money does complicate a relationship. When thing get complicated, it can make the relationship difficult to survive.

It sounds like you're feeling that you're being taken advantage of. I'd suggest opening up to him about this, & telling him you need something more equal. Intimate relationships are often about compromise. If he's unable to make things more equal, you are leading yourself down the garden path. Good luck.

3. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with what he says. Communication is beneficial in your situation. If he doesn't want to compromise or have some short of balance to make your life easier and happier, your graden path ain't going to look so rosey.