1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

he came out but then !

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by RJmaybe92, Jun 10, 2016.

1. RJmaybe92

RJmaybe92 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    As you can tell from my profile i'm still questioning .Thus coming out is not an issue for me right now .
    So why am i here ? Well, here is the deal .
    Even though i'm not about to come out , but sometimes i wonder what would i do if i was bi or gay ? . And whenever i think about it , i remember a colleague who i've never met but he was a very wellknown student . You see , i live in Jordan , a middle east country where being anything but straight is forbidden. I think it was 2 years ago when i heard about a medical student named Rayan J who came out in front of his class ! I didn't believe it at first , but apparently it was true . I heard that he was almost forced to get married by his family but he refused , came out to them and was kicked out. He also had some problems when he came out to his class and ultimatly to everyone. Even though i was not questioning anything regarding my sexuality at that time , but i was so amazed by this guy and his courage . In fact RJ the first 2 letters of my profile name was taken from his name. As much as i admire him , but i don't think i would risk losing my family for any reason :icon_sad:
    Please don't take my post as an advice to not to come out to your family . I just wanted to share what's going on in my head .

2. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey RJmaybe92, welcome to EC. I read your other posts too and I unfortunately have no advice, just that I realized my attraction to people of the same biological sex at 35yo so things like that can obviously happen. Btw I remember Rayan, a very nice guy and an inspiring person indeed. :thumbsup:

3. RJmaybe92

RJmaybe92 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thank you Paris ! I have spent the night reading several threads and it seems that confusion is a common thing. Time seems the key factor for everything . I won't rush things and hopefully by time things will get better and clear .

Srsly ! How ? Have you met him in person ? My curiosity is killing me.
    He graduated this year like me , but he was studying in a different city.