1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling depressed after coming out, maybe turn things around?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by iamdesperate, Jun 12, 2016.

1. iamdesperate

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello the people of EC, it has been a long time since I entered the site,
    So I will keep things as simple as possible. On friday, I got wasted drunk, which is veey irrespomsible for my age I know, and I came out to my cousin who is one year younger than me. He is the first person I told this and at this point I was not wasted and was only drunk so I remember the conversation and everything we talked. And the problem is not him not accepting me the problem is that I am just not ready to come out yet. Saturday and today was me being very depressive and I cant even get hungry (which means I am awful because oh boy.. i eat). So I found a way that will temprorarily avoid the problem, I can just mention him that I dont remember a thing from that evening and only vaguely remember what he told me in the metro (where we only talled about what I did when I was drunk) also I can say I only remember bits of the rest leaving all talks on me being gay off. I would basically lie and would not still avoid the fact that I came out to him, but at least he may not tell me that I told him and he can think he will keep it as "secret". I hope it is clear, the question is: Should I? Please enlighten me my favorite lgbt community, love y'all :grin:

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's perhaps better to say nothing else about it, unless he does. If you refer back to the night (even to say you remember nothing of it), you begin to draw attention to what happened and may open up a whole conversation that you'd rather avoid at this time. Say nothing, behave normally and only drink in moderation until you are prepared to come out fully.

3. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

If you feel you do want to say something to clear things up, maybe you could just tell him you weren't ready to do that and you wish you hadn't and ask him to pretend like it didn't happen/not bringing it up.

4. iamdesperate

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    But what if he does say something, theres no way to turn things around this time, since he will say that he knows, which means I will have to talk. If I open up the conversation, at least I can clearly say I dont remember anything and I dont wanna know what we talked about, leaving him no choice but to not talk about the night.
    And oh yes, I will never ever drink that much again, I mean EVER.

---------- Post added 14th Jun 2016 at 06:25 AM ----------

Yes that seems reasonable, I will do this if he brings up the things I said before I bring it up.

5. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If he brings it up in conversation you can deny knowledge, or do as bubbles suggested, but I wouldn't initiate a conversation and draw any more attention to what happened. It's possible that he has forgotten about it or brushed off your comments as a drunken remark, but if you pursue a conversation about that night he may start to remember the details and take it all more seriously than you would wish.