1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm scared to tell my mother who I am

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Sealgirl19, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Sealgirl19

I'm in the process of getting ready to move back in with my mother near the end of the summer. Right now I'm slighty afraid. My mother is a religious person and I'm agnostic. When trying to explain that to heard she didn't really acknowledge it she still thinks I'm Christian but I'm not. This also concerns me because I'm fluid and I'm don't know how she would react if I brought a woman home with me. That's something I decided not to tell her until I find someone. Just thinking about this has made me anxious and depressed and there are so many other things that are on my mind. She says she wants me to not to be afraid to tell her things but I'm not sure how she would take it. I just needed an outlet because I want this out of my head.

2. LGBTQueen

Before you tell her, ask what she thinks of LGBTQ topics. If she does not agree, at least tell her you are not Christian, and that you support her. As you go along, tell her more things about you. Then once you are ready, come out what gender or orientation. If you are questioning, tell her you are figuring yourself out. If she does not accept it, do not bring up the subject. Hope this helps!

-LGBTQueen