1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meeting gay guys.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by CGGuy, Jun 13, 2016.

1. CGGuy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey everyone,

So today I have transferred my school as from the tragic thing that happened to me, where I fell in love with a straight guy, and he cuddled and everything with me, but he never admitted to being gay so I have left him because it hasn't been a healthy relationship and it devastated me a lot, afterwards, he have done something like in the movies, where he downloaded my profile picture and inserted a rainbow and a #Gay on it, and printed it out and put it all over the school walls.

But this isn't my case because I have moved on from this, my case now is that I wanna meet gay guys because I have never done, I live in (AMM,JO), and it is a mostly homophobic country, so I don't know how to meet one like my age or stuff, I am 15 BTW, so like what can I do, it is really impossible that I am the only gay guy in school.

Also, how to find closeted gay guys? because I have thought of coming out, but it is a horrible idea because my parents will disown me at 15 (what could be worse)... the reason I want to is because I wanna feel in a relationship... connected to someone like me, you know no one can survive alone! any suggestions or ideas? I have gone online a few times and only ended up with old guys wanting nothing but sex...

So like guys seriously I need to be with someone who at least shared the same interest as me, or likes me or anything, it is very frustrating being alone at this!

2. Tomás1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Are there any coffee shops or gyms where u could go to meet another guy your age? How about websites for gay/bisexual guys your age, in the Middle East - try Googling.

Good luck.

3. CGGuy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This is what kills me the most, we have nothing for us... I mean is it impossible to meet somebody in the Middle East? no clubs, restaurants or support places so there is no any official meeting.. I think it is kinda hopeless :\

4. Tomás1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's a great opportunity for you to start something.

What would it look like?

5. Gravity Defyer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Everything will eventually be better, just be safe and don't put yourself at risk, even in the most homophobic countries you'll find allies!

Be strong!

6. CGGuy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    give me some suggestions.
    I was wondering of a private club at school or some informative messages about LGBT community in school.. or at the very least a facebook page? but at the same time I don't wanna be at risk.

7. CGGuy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't know what to do, I just feel that at the new school, or at any school there are LGBT community, even 1 or 2... but I don't know how to know, attract, meet them. I am doing this because I don't want the same mistakes to happen in the new school, or to get bullied its the last thing I want :bang::bang:

8. SneakyFennec

Brother, I don't know about Jordan but if it's like Algeria,LGBT people will be waaaay too scared to show that they aren't straight.
    Those who do,meet in underground,illegal clubs,often targets of violence.
    Stay strong. It's difficult out there.

9. Tomás1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Go to a cafe where hip people go. Notice what guys catch your eye … & especially, any guys where there's lingering eye contact. Usually when you make eye contact w someone, they quickly look away. But w guys who are attracted to each other, eye contact will last longer - maybe 4-5 seconds, as you check each other out. This is called gaydar. Other evidence of being gay is someone dressing hip (but not always).

I suggest going to a cafe or coffee shop & trying to meet a guy close to you in age, or up to early 20s. There's more risk of danger w an older man, who could take advantage of you.

Another idea would be to post a notice somewhere or online, "Gay/Bi Club meeting at northwest corner of X Cafe, 11 am Sunday morning at 11 am. See who shows up.

10. CGGuy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Wait are you sure about the 4-5 sec thing? because I have a huge-massive crush on this guy and we always look each other in the eye, sometimes longer, not only by him, but others also... like I love this guy so much but he acts straight and everything [actually everyone is], but sometimes he says things considered to be gay (based on our stupid community)...idk its so confusing! we have lots in common and while we talk we stare, the thing is [Him] dressing neat, perfume, so knowledgeable and we have common interests, isn't something you can find with straight dudes here, that's what is giving me hope tbh

11. Tomás1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You don't have the lingering eye contact with other guys, that you have w your crush, right?

Assuming that's the case, there probably is some special energy (attractive) between the 2 of u. This is very thin ice - you need to go very slowly, for your own protection, w him. Suggest the 2 of u do something together, outside of what I assume is your school. Go for a walk, meet someplace on the weekend. As you're just hanging out w him, casually touch him, or brush up against him, & see if he welcomes it. You're testing him, to see if he's attracted to you. Be authentic - real. Keep things simple. Don't tell him u have a crush - that could scare him off. U could say something more simple like u like hanging out w him.

Be careful tho. There is such a thing as feminine straight guys, who wear cologne, etc, & are not gay. Good luck.

#11 Tomás1, Jun 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2016