1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to somewhat transphobic friend?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by staries, Jun 15, 2016.

1. staries

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have want to come out to one of my closest friends for a long time. He's bisexual, and you'd think he's gonna be the most accepting out of my freinds, but he's not. He thinks that genitals = gender. Let's call him Carl. Earlier today he told me that two of our friends (let's call them May and April) said that one of our closest friends is transgender. I came out to May and April a long time ago, and am kind of offended that they told Carl that one of our friends may be trans. I don't know what their intention was or if they even wanted him to hear what they said, but I'm kind of hurt. Carl asked me about it because he couldn't think of who would be transgender, little does he know it's me all along. I want to come out to him but I don't want to ruin our friendship or him treat me differently. Should I come out to him?

2. Elam

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Similar situation with me. Most of my friends are fine, however, like you, I have a bisexual friend, and I get the impression that she thinks transgender people are looking for attention. I would also really love some advice on this.

3. SillyGoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I have a friend who is transphobic and homophobic... I don't know why I'm friends with him but I don't feel the need to tell people something that they don't like..

#3 SillyGoose, Jun 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2016