1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sister is uncontrollable...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Fiender, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Fiender

A while back, my sister got drunk and drove into a ditch. She wasn't hurt and when the cops found her they (eventually) took her to court and suspended her license.

She's out driving right now! She has no respect for the law and it's just wrong. Next time she gets drunk, she could hurt herself and it would be no one's fault but her own.

I know I'm not supposed to call 911 for this sort of thing, but what would be the appropriate place and number to call to report this? I live in Watertown New York.

2. Mickey

First,I'd warn her that the next time she's driving,you will call the police.
    If you do have to call,your local station will handle it. Give them the kind of car,her name,license plate,etc.
    If she's out driving drunk,she can hurt/kill herself,as well as other innocent people.
    Warn her,then do what you feel is right.

3. Alex19

tell her to cut the shit and if she doesnt, you'll let her have whats coming to her. (whatever that may be)

4. jangel

umm why cant you call 911 I do if I am driving behind someone who is obviously drunk tell them what she is driving and the area she is in and a plate number if you have it. I am sure no cop would get mad at you for reporting a drunk driver. good luck -jen

5. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

I further that. I'd slap her and give her a nice warm healthy cup of STFU while was at it with three cubes of reality check. I'd call her in immediately if I suspected drinking again and driving. But you should really open her eyes up now before its too late.

6. Alex19

dont we always agree when it comes to being violent? lol (!)

7. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

I'm not advocating violence, just the message.

8. Fiender

My mom is warning me against calling the cops, like that was the worst thing that could happen to my sister...

Now I'm afraid that if I do call the police my mom's going to punish me or something and I'd never hear the end of it.

9. Alex19

so dont do anything. and when something happens, hey- its her own fault. maybe a lesson is to b learned here.

10. RaRa

Does your mom know that she's doing this?

If so, she should be the one putting an end to it, moreso then you.

11. BlakeHarmony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So your mom know and isn't doing anything?!?

I would let your sister know that you will call the cops next time she does this, then if she does, follow through. You might also want to talk to your mom...

12. Jonah 4

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If she's drinking and driving I would absolutely call. This could put an innocent life in danger - and I really couldn't imagine anything more horrible than killing someone because I wrecked when I was drunk. So yeah, absolutely call.

13. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>Now I'm afraid that if I do call the police my mom's going to punish me or something and I'd never hear the end of it.

If your sister gets drunk, and drives into a tree (or worse, another car with people in it), and ends up maimed or dead...trust me, you'll never hear the end of that, either.

Your mother apparently isn't interested in being a mother to her. So you'll have to step in.

Lex

14. Fiender

She just came home a little while ago (I didn't call). I tried to explain it to her, but she said that "She only had two beers", and how she only went too and from her friend's house.

I tried to explain it to her that 'buzzed' is still drunk (As per that one commercial I saw), but she wouldn't listen. I also tried to explain to her that even if she wasn't drunk she was still driving without a license, and she didn't know/care what the consequences were.

15. Alex19

wow, shes dense. if it were my sis, id have taken physical action. but i do not recomend or approve of this. thats just what id do...

16. xequar

Mom thinks she's doing something to "protect her baby." In reality, she's doing the worst possible thing by dodging the issue.

Talk to your sister, just like everyone else has said, and let her know that next time she pulls stupid shit, you're reporting her. If she does pull stupid shit again, then report her.

17. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She's not going to be persuaded by facts. She thinks she can handle her alcohol, and she think she can drive when drinking. Just tell her her safety, and the safety of everybody else, is more important than her going to her friend's house via car. Next time she heads out, make the call.

Lex