1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out in the Wake of Orlando

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by IamIam, Jun 17, 2016.

1. IamIam

Hi Everyone.

Wanted to share what I am experiencing right now - not sure if anyone else can relate or has been thru the same thing.

I am a bit of a later bloomer - just started to get real clarity on my sexuality (Bisexual) a couple of years ago (I;m in my early 50s). It took me a bit to really accept this and get comfortable with the idea of accepting who I am and being ready to continue on with it.

I believe I've reached that place though. I have a lot of usual Fears/Concerns about coming out but I have really started to be a lot more comfortable, internally anyway, with who I am. And I also had started to feel a lot more safe about the idea of being open with others about this and venturing out - had joined some new Meetup Groups, have people in my life that I know would be accepting, etc. Was feeling a lot better about it.

Orlando has made this a bit harder again. Feelings of safety, security, etc. are impacted a bit. I'm still me and need to live my life;however, this has been a bit hard for me as I'm sure it has for all of us. Lot of emotions - Fear, Anger, Etc.

Just wanted to vet this out a bit here and see if there were any others that were experiencing the same thing and how you are addressing/incorporating all of this. Would be interested to hear your stories and share a bit more of my own as Well.

Thank You!