1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My cousin may out me?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by 3n, Jun 19, 2016.

1. 3n

3n Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Just to make things clear, he's not a homophobe or anything. He's just a dick.

I didn't directly tell him that I'm gay, but he eavesdropped on a conversation I was having with my boyfriend on the phone, and he searched my phone and laptop while I was in the bathroom. Meaning he probably found this website on my devices. I know he looked through my stuff, because the game I had open (Counter-Strike) was closed when I came back, and this website was up. The phone, I know he searched through because It was in a different room then where I had put it down.

Normally, I wouldn't really care if he or anyone knew. But knowing him, and how much of a MASSIVE ASSHOLE he is, he'll probably tell EVERYBODY. Again, normally I wouldn't care, but a lot of people on his side of the family are very homophobic.

What can/should I do?

2. Calf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You seem to be certain that he knows and given the evidence it's likely he does. Also you say you're sure he's not homophobic so though he might do something stupid it won't be deliberately to hurt you.

This may seem like an obvious question but would it be worth trying to reason with him? Appeal to his better nature?

Also who is at risk of finding out? I only ask because your 'out status' says everyone. If you mean everyone that matters, then is there really anything to worry about?

3. 3n

3n Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I mistakenly put my out status as that. Thanks for pointing that out lol
    A lot of people on the other side of my family are homophobic, and though I think he's not trying to be malicious or anything, he may just let it slip out or whatever.