1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

crying my self to sleep.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by twilight lover, Mar 6, 2009.

1. twilight lover

plz help im geting worse by the minet i told my 2 best friends and well there ok with it but still i hate the fact i cant be my self i want to but i well em kinda scared and knowing im gay at such a youg age is strang becuse for relationship wise i have to wait

2. Bryan44

Hey there! Welcome to EC!

First off (*hug*) , I just want to say congrats on telling your two best friends. I know that must have been hard. But you say that they are ok with it, that means that you have already started a support group. Let them be there for you and help you.

Secondly,(Idk if thats a word) you dont have to be afraid to be yourself, why do you feel this way?

3. hiddendc4

yea if you be yourself people are gonna do one of two things hate you and never wanna talk or theyll be supportive like the two friends youve already told

4. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey TL,

I don't think you have to be scared. It sounds like so far things are fine. In fact, you might want to slow down a bit even...

There are lots of people who are coming out at around your age (even earlier, if you can believe it) so while it's probably not super-common, it's not unheard of either. So you don't have to feel weird about it. Even if you feel like you can't act on your feelings (and I can see why you'd feel that way), knowing about them now, while tricky, is a lot better than, say, figuring them out at age 15 and then trying to deny it for 5 years (that was me).

What did your friends say? Did you just tell them and they were like... sure fine whatever? Or did they actually talk to you about it?

I can understand why you'd want people to talk to about it. Truth be told, though, there are going to be times all through your life, most likely, where you'll want someone to talk to about something important and the right person won't be around at the right time. It sucks but I promise you you'll survive it. And it'll make you really appreciate the times you do have someone you can share what you need to share.

In the interim, do you have any older people in your life who you trust? I only say "older" because I'm not sure someone your age is going to have something useful to say about being gay. I don't mean older like your parents, necessarily (although it always seemed to me that aunts and uncles would be good to talk to about important stuff) but maybe older siblings or cousins?

I think you say on your blurb that your family knows--can you talk to them about it? I know that's not always possible but whenever I could I would talk about important stuff with my mum. I was really lucky that way. She was great. She wasn't so comfortable talking about sex stuff :lol: but anything else we could pretty much talk for hours about.

Anyway, there are plenty of people at EC who are either going through something similar to what you're going through (coming out young) or have been through it, so I'm sure between here and your offline life you'll get some good advice/find some good support.

5. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Why can't you be yourself? :slight_smile:

6. twilight lover

my friends were realy good by the way um the girl her name is raz said yer wot about it wot did u wana tell me or was that it and the second one his name tavis said yer i dont care your cool i know nothing between us will ever change now that were besties

7. limfjord96

yeah you will be ok. let EC be your support group, they helped me so much. And if you need help or advice please feel free to hit me up, i like to talk...too much sometimes

8. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So far, you're going a lot better than I did when I was 13 - at that age I wouldn't even admit to myself that I liked girls. You've already found a lot more courage than I've had, and you've got at least two people on your side, which is a fantastic start. When you're feeling overwhelmed, try thinking about your friends, who know the real you. Or turn to us, any of the advisors and heaps of members are happy to help you out as much as we can.

9. twilight lover

thx once again you guys are really nice and saportive.

10. kettleoffish

I remember when I was your age (it was only 2 years ago :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:). It is hard being gay when you're that young, I had it bad because I was outed by my so called friend who I thought I could trust to my entire school at your age and reading this thread makes me want to give you a massive hug because of that.

Congrats on telling your friends, I hope they're better friends than mine were. Remember that you are yourself, however stupid that sounds, but I would seriously advise against going public with it for a few years, just hang in there a bit and remember we're always here for you.

11. twilight lover

12. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't think I had a sexuality during that time LOL, well I did but I didn't pay attention to it. Better now than later.

13. twilight lover

14. fallendream

im in the same boat at the moment apart frm me being slitly older and out to every1 so say here if you have any questuns

15. twilight lover

well who do ceep your mind distracted?

16. twilight lover

well how do u keep your mind distracted?