1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about "Feelings"

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Kirakishou, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Kirakishou

I have for years contemplated on this question and this will be my first time consulting somebody about it.
    To put it simply, what does it mean to develop "feelings" for somebody?
    Maybe it's something you don't understand until you experience it, but how do I know when it happens?
    Ever since I entered high school, I noticed that my group friends started to deviate away from guys and is now mainly female. I've started to think that perhaps I'm scared of having a relationship, scared that my male friends would thnk that I want to go further than friends with them and produce a very awkward situation.
    I'm very introverted, I hardly open up to anyone and for some reason, I am much more reluctant to open up to guys.:confused:
    I hope what I said made a bit of sense, it's very hard for me to find the right words on what exactly I'm confused on. ._.

2. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC :slight_smile: The only thing I can really tell you about this is that you WILL know if you're starting to fall for someone. You'll look forward to spending time with him, he'll be on your mind a lot even when it seems like there's no reason for it, you'll want to hear his voice or see his face. It's hard to explain, but you'll know it when you feel it.

3. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

It's just like he said. -_-; I can't add much of a 2cents as he stole my words. lol

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I didn't really understand it either until my senior year of college. That's when I found myself sitting on the floor of the shower, crying, and thinking, "Well, THIS sucks."

Lex

5. riddlerno1

Yes, i agree with Lex, you will know once you 'develop' feelings. Then you wont be able to decide whether you actually want to spend time with said person or hope you never come across them as being around them is too much! Fun times ahead!