1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fickle Feelings

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by The Enigma, Mar 7, 2009.

1. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

It's so strange, love that is. I think I experienced it twice in OR, but I'm not sure. This may be a different type of love. It's not lust, but perhaps curiosity. I am at a complete loss as to what it is. I don't really get feelings like this often.

These two people ride the bus like I do and I have not seen them in almost 4 months due to skipping this term and changing riding hours but I still think of both of them. That alone is strange. When I first seen the skinhead guy, I was kind of in awe. I don't know why but everything about him intrigued me. He started a conversation with me once and it was just idle boredom banter but I still can't stop thinking about it. I used to ride the bus with him nearly every morning. He's a straight guy, as far as Ican tell...maybe he's bi though. I've had my suspicions. He's very handsom, wears Stetson, and mainly polo shirts.

What is this feeling? I just want to see him all the time.

It's the same for the other, but this guy is far more intriguing. It's almost like seeing something you've never seen before. And the strangest thing is there is nothing special about these two guys. They're just average run of the mill people. The other one is indescribable. He's just a normal guy, but there's something else about him I can't grasp. He always wears his shades, even on the bus and I discovered the reason for that. He is very, very handsome but I think he's insecure about his left eye which seems to be off just a hair. He's got one son and I am pretty sure he's single. And he can't be 5 years older than me at most.

He always sits near me at the back of the bus. He's never once said anything to me but I heard his voice when he was on his cellphone...O M mother :***:ing G. It melts me. He's tall just like me, he has to be 6'5 at least. Everything about him is extremely well groomed and meticulously well done. I just like being around him.

I get the feeling I have to talk to these two people. It's not love, but perhaps it is...but I get the feeling that these people will have an impact on my life. It's a feeling I've never run across before. Especially with the second guy. But I'm so afraid to say something, or rather I don't know how to do it properly. He scares me, really he does. I don't know why either. He's a very nice person despite how pissy he looks.

I'm so lost. Wtf is this feeling? Why do I feel this way?

I wish Icould hunt them both down too but it's very random for the second guy. He rides at different times. I wish I knew where he worked so I could go there if it was like fast food or something. And the first guy I'll see when I start going to LCC again.

2. Kizz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    aww. you have a crush on them :3
    well, if you only know them by seeing them on the bus, try to sit near them. wait until they notice it and start talking to you.

but, I can be horribly wrong sometimes :/
    but, I believe it's a crush :slight_smile:

3. riddlerno1

i get a very similar thing around taht guy i was talking about in my other post. I am just attracted to him without any viable reason to what these strange feelings are. I think i have a crush and it does sound like you have too.

4. silas99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Attraction is a phenomenal thing isnt it. In terms of evolution, I guess you could say that an animal has an inbuilt instinct to seek out a mate. Unfortunately that concept doesn't really fit with asexuality and homosexuality. We are a mystery!

Enigma...good luck with your crushes.xx

5. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Shit. That's what I thought they were...

6. Greggers

And that would, like everyone else said, be the textbook definition of having a "crush".

If you think about them this much, want to hunt them down this much, feel something special when you talk to them, just want to be with them more than anything...then your crushing and crushing hard. I find in personal experiences that crushes tend to pass, and very very quickly if you know the other person does not feel the same way you do. If the crush does not pass, maybe you should take a few steps to becoming closer with the guy(s). Basically just listen to your body. If your not receiving the same signals back, you will know it and you most likely will slowly un-crush from the guy.

Its just another day on the Roller Coaster of Love my friend :slight_smile: and its hard to escape that ride because this Roller Coaster has no limitations on who can ride, its got room for everyone.

7. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

XD My problem is they're both straight. Although I have doubts bout the first guy and he might be bi.

Call it woman's intuition if you must.

8. Greggers

If they are most likely straight you only have a few options:

1) Walk away and forget about them to the best of your ability (best option with straight guys)

2) Confront the person about being bi/gay (awkward, can be difficult, but you have little to lose in many situations)

3) Continue to allow yourself to be infatuated over someone you will never get (Can be harmful to yourself and the guy and never ends well)

I know it can be hard to just walk away sometimes, but remember you own your body it does not own you. Try your hardest to forget about anyone who your quite sure is straight and dont want to bother asking otherwise. Its really either ask or walk away. You *could* just keep following and talking to him and letting yourself get swept up by him, but that will come crashing down when/if he finds out you like him more than he likes you...