1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to teacher / brother for pride..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by relinor, Jun 23, 2016.

1. relinor

So, earlier on in the year I joined up with one of my teachers to do an overnight thing and then go to Pride with some people from my school and another. Now, my teacher is expecting me to go.

I feel really awkward about this because I don't want to hang out with people who believe I'm not in the queer community, simply because I haven't come out as trans to my teacher and brother and so they would still use my birth name and she/her pronouns.

It's making me very anxious to go and I was wondering if there are any suggestions about what to do? Should I tell my teacher and brother or just suck it up because I'll never see that teacher again after this summer? (Has anyone gone to Pride by themselves, and if so, how was it? I'm thinking I could maybe just do that, but I'm not sure...)

#1 relinor, Jun 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
  2. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've gone to Pride multiple times by myself & always enjoyed it. Have also seen others there by themselves..

Oh and I've seen straight couples there too.

You could always say you're going as a supporter of the gay community, especially this year after what happened in Orlando...