1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Random Crush

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by GoBabyGoGo, Jun 22, 2007.

1. GoBabyGoGo

I've got a major crush on this guy who i know absolutely nothing about! I don't know why i am so attracted to him, but i just seem to melt every time i see him... he is hot, but so are many other guys i know, and i don't feel like this about them. I don't know his name, i don't know what year he is in, i haven't even heared his voice. There is nothing i know that we have in common, except i see him every day on the bus.

So how can i get to know him? How can i tell if he is gay? Should i try flirting (winking, eye contact, or something else?) Or is that too risky since im still deep in the closet? In my way of thinking, i don't already know him, so i've got nothing to loose... but... yeah. I want to have a relationship. I feel i am ready. Some of my friends at school have girlfriends, and it makes me so damn jelous!

He probably isn't gay, or at least, he's very straight looking, although that doesn't really mean anything... I don't know. My sexuallity is holding me back from having a relationship. Maybe im just wasting my time...

2. SadConfusedBandGeek

Hmmm, Maybe you should try talking to him first, before you consider him in a relationship:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Sometimes getting to know someoen can make you not like them. And ALSO I would NOT suggest winking lol. If he saw you do it he would tell everyone that ur gay lol.

So try talking to him see how it goes, maybe also see how old he is?

3. crimsonarcher

wow. i have the same problem!

4. GoBabyGoGo

Thanks for the advice. And yes, normally i would get to know someone before i consider them in a relationship. But theres just something about this guy, and i feel like i already sort of know him, which is why it is so weird. He just seems like a really nice, gentle kinda guy. I don't know why i am so attracted to him!

He seems about 1-2 years younger than me. I've never really seen him around anyone else, so i don't know who his friends are. When he catches the bus, he just sits by himself, or next to some random. Perfect opportunity? Maybe... the thing is that i get on the bus first and sit with my friends, and i can't think of a way to sit with him without making it look totally obvious.

And then, even if i did find a way to sit with him/ near him, i don't know how i would get talking to him. Im totally introvert...

5. jules

you could always try and find out if he does any sports or any hobbies..

... if so, you could join and get to know him that way (i swear this isnt stalking)

6. GoBabyGoGo

Ok... found out today all his friends are girls... good sign yes?

7. BBXL

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Normally yes, I have a lot of friends who are girls

Just as long as he doesn't have the same amount of friends who are guys

8. Jim1454

What about on the trip home? Wouldn'dt you all be getting on the bus at the same time at school? Couldn't you chat him up waiting for the bus?

Starting a conversation can be as easy as complimenting him on his new shoes, or backpack, or hair or something... Then you can introduce yourself, and he'll likely do the same, and you go from there. Once you're talking, you can either sit with him or invite him to sit with you and your friends for the trip home.

It's worth a shot...

9. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds like pheromones at work to me! :lol:

You should TOTALLY talk to him! Don't worry about being obvious... if he's interested, he will not care. And if he's not, you can just write it off as you being crazy.

#9 joeyconnick, Jun 28, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2007
  10. Blue0090

Blue0090 Guest

Hmm.. maybe you could "lose" something in purpose and be like "hey have u seen my _______? could you please help me find it i really need it please" so then

1. you would hear his voice
    2. you would kno his name
    3. you'll be friends

haha..

11. 24601

I think this reply comes kind of late, but I wouldn't wink or do anything like that. Just start up a casual conversation about something one day. The bus sounds like a great opportunity. Sit near where he sits, or even bring a friend along for the first one. Just be friendly... and don't like rush into a conversation - he reminds me of myself with the whole sitting alone thing (although I'm sure he's attractive), and I HATE people getting all up in my face when I'm trying to site alone - just ask him something, preferably even school related. At least you know you have that much in common.

As a side note, at least you haven't fallen in love with a picture. Don't do that. It's stupid. :icon_redf I haven't done that... never... :icon_redf :icon_redf

12. Blue0090

Blue0090 Guest

any update? i wanna kno what happened

13. SpikySpice

Uh,, that happened to me alot, to real people ,and just enime characters

14. GoBabyGoGo

an update... well absolutely nothing has happened! its school holidays here and i havn't seen him except once at the movies. it was really ironic cause i was thinking about him at that very moment, then i turn the corner and there he was!!! the last person i expected to see! but anyway he was lining up to go into the cinema as i was coming out, and he was with his parents and so was i, lol so yeah anyway... we made eye contact, but god he must know i can't keep my eyes off him by now! im back at school in 2 days so ill see what happens...

15. downboyup

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know what you go through when you attracted to someone and it is not known wether they feel same way about you. I have had that recently. As a teenager I spent from puberty to about 14 years of age in a steady sexual relationship with a boy same age. we saw each other every day. i only had a crush on him and no one else and when that ended i was totally lost. Are there any other gay kids you know that you can be friends with or something more?

16. GoBabyGoGo

hmm... i wish!!! I don't know anyone else who is gay, and don't say try to go to a gay youth group because i've done my research, and there are absolutely none even remote to my area -- i so feel like "the only gay in the village" lol

17. SpikySpice

^Awwww....

there are many gay guys in my school, and it seems like i have tons of crushes on them.

On year 2006, I had like 7

2007 is like 5(they all have crushes on me, lol)

And some teachers:grin:

18. GoBabyGoGo

yeah my school is sorta... homophobic... im sure there are heaps of gay guys but they're scared to come out -- like me lol!

So, anyway, ive been thinking about how i can get talking to him. Firstly, ive got to sit near him, get close enough to him [obviously, sorry], but i recon thats going to be difficult -- he almost makes a point of getting on the bus last at school and usually sits right up front... but anyway when i do ill say to him:

Me: Is your name [some random name]
    Him: No
    Me: Sorry, i must be confusing you with someone else-- what's your name?
    Him: [his name]
    Me: oh... hi [his name]... im [polyamorous]

wot u think!!