1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I come out to a friend by sms?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by easter, Jun 29, 2016.

1. easter

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    This felt so so so wierd. For a week ago or something i had some boyfriends over who dont know that i am a lesbian. Later on the night one of the boys wanted us to go to a gayclub here in the city. I asked why he wanted to go there and he said he like the attension he gets from the boys there, or something haha. Ofc I said that why not lets go to the gayclub(it felt sooo wierd just because they dont know i am gay). We never went to that club tho. I have actually never been to a gayclub or gaybar because I have no friend who wanna make me company to one :/
    Anyway I want to come out to this boyfriend and maybe he wants to go to the gayplaces with me. I wonder how I can tell him this by sms? I dont want to make such a big deal out of it but i litterary have no idea what to write

2. SpaceOddity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well you have the benefit of coming out over text and that's always easier. Honestly that's how I did it, too. I guess you can just say you have something important you want to tell him, wait on his reply so you have his attention and go ahead and tell him. It will be okay.

3. CoderK

Well, in my (worthless) opinion, coming out was better in person. Not easier, but people react more and it becomes more real to them. I have done both, and in my experience, the person I talked to in person understood more and asked more questions. The person who I told via SMS kinda ignored me. Maybe call them, that might help.

Anyway, that's just my 2 cents. Our situations are probably vastly different, and the people who we came/are coming out to are probably vastly different. Do whatever your heart tells you too, just stating what happened to me.