1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meeting other people

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Holynava17, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Holynava17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    How would one who goes about living in Paris Texas meet other gay people? I haven't seemed to meet alot of other gay people yet, but I know their are others besides me in my town, any advice anyone?:help:

2. Greggers

How close are you to Austin? I dont know Texas at ALL haha.

...but a few friends of mine live in Austin and there is a HUGE gay scene, lots of places to go meet people.

3. Holynava17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, I live close to Dallas if that helps. My town is like 30 or 40 minutes from Dallas, prob 2 or 3 hours from Austin!

4. AzThRg0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    if your still in school try a gsa. those are great for meeting other gay people

5. Holynava17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    gsa? Sorry, I just came out about a month ago, I don't know much >.<

6. AzThRg0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    gay straight alliance. its a club some schools have to promote tolerance of lgbt people in schools

7. Holynava17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't think mine has that =(

8. Holynava17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Actually I don't know, but I am pretty sure my school doesn't have any lgbt clubs or anything, sadly.

9. hiddendc4

you could always try and start one, just a thought

10. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Honey, you live in Texas. Lol Nuff said. I've been there and it DEFINITELY not the safest or most accepting place. It rates pretty high on my places to avoid. There's good reason you can't find them. You might want to try clubs and organizations or Myspacing or something.

11. Holynava17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'v Had a revelation! WOOHOO! Im going to college the year after next, and I hear that's where people usually meet other people, and in my case, hopefully ill meet someone! Heh. But really, College Life- Will I meet someone most likely?

12. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

In college? Definitely. College is a much safer environment than HS. And people feel more at ease, and things are usually taken with a grain of salt. And some people have come to terms with their sexuality and are braggarts about it so you'll definitely find someone gay...if you don't mind the wait.

13. edogs334

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    In terms of college- just be sure to do your homework about the social environment at schools you're interested in- ie- how accepting each might be of LGBT people. You obviously wouldn't want to enroll in a college/university only to find that the majority of people there are evangelical Christian homophobes. I'm sure that finances and how far you're willing to move are more important factors in your search, however. But I'm sure that there are some schools- even in Texas-that have at least made a tangible effort to be more sensitive to their LGBT communities. Two main factors to look at are: 1)whether or not the school has included sexual orientation (and maybe even gender identity- if they're really progressive) in their non-discrimination statement; and 2)whether or not an active LGBT student organization exists on campus- these orgs would obviously be your best source of info. Good luck, and hang in there...Edogs

14. Zac4

i wouldnt recomend craigslist.

im new to the city i'm in but i've heard theres a cool bookstore downtown where lot of guys hang out, teens too. maybe something like that there in tx?
    also check the mall dude. i keep going back to pac sun the guy behind the register is HOT. still dont know is he or isnt he. but u should go to stores like that . abercrombie, hollister. sooner or later somebodys gotta look back at u. least thats what im hopin 4
    :lol:

15. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Uh...the bookstore? Lol Meeting gay guys at the adult book store is a little...err...scandalous. I think most of them there will have one thing in mind when you see them...I wouldn't quite use that as a medium to meet new gays. Your friend may just come with some benefits.

And the mall is a great place to find homos. Check out Ambercrombie, Pac Sun, American Eagle, and anywhere containing Calvin Klein. If they're spending a great time looking at jeans, that should be a hint. XD Lol I find this especially true. And if they ask for sales and stuff, that's another.

16. Holynava17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    :lol:What would I do if I find people in stores? lol, just walk up and say whats up! I think we should hang out!

17. Zac4

pull him in the fitting room and...

nah jus start talkng bout somethng. if hes gay and intersted he'll talk back and if not nothin 2 lose rite.

18. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Start by making casual conversation. If he's not alone, it can definitely be very, very hard. Or 'accidently' bump into him and apologize then ask him if he's gay and start up a convo this way. Don't get all lovey-dovey and shit though otherwise you'll send the wrong signals. lol And seem overly desperate and easy.

19. Zac4

<-- Thinks the Enigma is HAWT
    :icon_wink