1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with my parents

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by nightowl88, Jul 1, 2016.

1. nightowl88

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Kinda a strange situation but I am questioning my gender and want to tell my immediate family so they can start calling me by male pronouns and a male name but my parents are divorced and there is no time I can sit them both down and talk to them. When I came out as bisexual I told my mom first and my dad went off about how I love her more which I thought was kinda stupid and I want to avoid a similar situation. On the other hand o feel a lot more comfortable talking to my mom first because my dad has a tendency to come off kinda cold and I don't always feel really comfortable talking to him about this even though both of my parents are excepting. I plan on talking to my brothers after my mom knows at her house because it's easiest to come out to them at the same time which is easiest at my moms. I was wondering if anyone has any advice for being able to tell my parents without the jealousy because I hate being put in the middle of trying to tell one I love them the most because I don't I just feel more comfortable with my mom.

2. SecretLilCj21

You could always tell your mom first and then tell her not to tell your dad so then you can tell him and tell him not to tell your mom so that he thinks that he was told first. Then they dont tell each other and you're good.