1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am being bullied cause im a lesbain

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by pob, Jul 6, 2016.

1. pob

pob

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    The people at my school they are harsh they call me names and nick my stuff. They have been trying to trip me up .i can't talk to teachers as they just seem to make it worse and all of my freinds before i came out still hang around me but they take the mick out of me and there my freind. On a regulare thing my stuff it took, i am push , insulted and treated like second class.
    What should i do?

2. Hunter8

Pob, I am so sorry that you are being picked on. As one who has also experienced bullying in high school, I know how hard it can be to endure it. But know that the bullying does not last forever, and you are strong enough to outlast it. I drew great peace myself by always knowing that Jesus was with me and protected me during all that bullying. His love will shield your mind from the petty taunts of those who bully you. That being said, it's very important to seek an adult who you can trust and tell them how much distress you are in. My most vital advice here is to tell your parents first and foremost. It is their job and their privilege to protect you in times like this. They need to know what is going on. There are resources they may be aware of that you do not know of on your own. Start by telling them what is going on. That is the first necessary step in rising above this thing.

3. Chezzy

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You should tell the principal. He should help, but if not (and changing schools isn't an option), then know that some people are just low and get off by being jerks. They're so below you, and you can power through it. Tell your friends that they need to stop, that it bothers you, and if they don't listen they aren't true friends. I hope it gets better for you.

4. RGEm

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Pretty sure it's illegal to discriminate against LGBT in the UK, plus bullying is not supposed to be tolerated full stop. So if you tell the teachers or principal in your school and they still do nothing, then follow these steps on this link, which is for the UK (it's technically for parents, but it should still work if you do this yourself, or can you get a parent to help with this?)

What to do if the school doesn't resolve the bullying - Family Lives

If you can't be assed doing this, then maybe change school to one that is more open-minded and where there aren't bigoted prats? Make sure you don't feel bad about yourself though - the problem lies with them and not you. Hope it gets better, and stay strong! (*hug*)

5. 3n

3n Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I know how you feel. It's feels like there's no way out. If you can, talk to your parents (I understand that's not always an option). Look for a local PFLAG group or maybe a gay straight alliance. Talk the administrators about it, maybe.

6. mvp 447

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hate based crimes are serious and for the record, this is why I hate adolescents schooling together. Speak with the principal about it and if you get bullied, don't just feel obliged to take it. I don't know what the kids do these days but some kind of online shaming sounds modern enough.

7. confusedbubble

Can't you speak to your friends one on one and explain that them doing what they're doing is upsetting you and you didn't expect to be insulted by someone you call a friend ... Maybe they're unaware of how much it's upsetting you and it might stop them from doing it

8. Calf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is there a student counsellor at your school? (or at least a trusted PSHE teacher)
    If there is then it would be a good start to arrange a chat with them about the pressures you're facing and how it's making you feel. This isn't about dealing with the bullies, it's about some positive time for you.

If that helps, ask your counsellor/ teacher to arrange for a close friend or two to join you, so that they can be a part of your life in a supportive way and see that this isn't a joke for you. Sometimes some adult guidance is needed rather than just authoritarian intervention.

Your friends may not really intend on upsetting you but as they may not be as emotionally developed as you are, it could be uncomfortable for them to express their support. Without having the right skills to deal with their own feelings about sexuality, they could just be slipping back into doing what they know works - playing games, making jokes and teasing each other.

If somebody is seriously bullying you and you tell a teacher, you feel like it makes things worse and the truth is that sometimes it does. Sadly it's one of those things that even your teacher might not get right because they don't know how to properly handle it. If that is the case, speak to them again or talk with a senior teacher because though it may not get better straight away, the fact is, if you do nothing it will only get worse.

Finally, try not to let other people ruin your education at this stage and stay focussed on your own achievements. It won't be long until you're out of school for good and you never have to see any of those people again but the one thing that will stay with you for life is your education.