1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help needed

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by crystaltriforce, Mar 9, 2009.

1. crystaltriforce

i have been questioning myself lately about my sexuality. i have accepted that i'm attracted to other guys, the thing is i noticed that i have never been physicly attracted to a girl, it always was an attraction on the emotional level if that makes any sense. i am so confused right now i'm not shure if i realy am bi or am i a confused gay guy. :help:

2. gemerency

lol wow. its the opposite thing for me with women. physical attraction, no emotion. sounds to me like your just a different type of bi. for every sex you can have either, romantic attraction or physical attraction. but if you have either form for both sexes, then in my book ur Bi. :slight_smile:

3. kettleoffish

we tend to get too tied down by labels these days I find. Personally, if you've never physically been attracted to a female, I'd say you were gay. I understand what you say about emotional attraction, remember that that works regardless of gender.

4. jotheoneandonly

in my opion, some poeple are too eager to find out who they are and end up getting all sorts of confusing messages from their feelings that could or could not even exist. personally, i'd stop searching, sit back, and let the tide come in at its own pace. when you fall in love, your in love. attraction? well she's hot, or he's got a great personality and thats ok.

peace out

5. tazz

tazz Guest

I think a lot of people often confuse finding a person beautiful (to a gender they're not normally attracted to) as a confusion to sexual orientation, I hope these people understand that you can still find a woman beautiful and be a gay male yourself.

Many (straight) males wouldn't admit to seeing another guy as "good looking" because it'd make them look androgynous and less masculine

6. sdc91

I like girls emotionally, but not physically. I'm 100% gay.
    I think we're in the same boat, but whatever floats yours.

7. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Lol Sorry about thinking you were a Les earlier in the chat. But it sounds to me like you may be bi. And if you don't have any primal urges around them, it may just be that you like that type of person. That's my 2 cents.

8. crystaltriforce

:lol: it's alright i had a good laugh from that and you didn't know i'm a guy (*hug*)

9. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Different people have different ways of interpreting sexuality. Some people think an emotional attraction to one gender or the other (or both) is what makes them gay, bi, straight, whatever. Some people think it's base on physical or sexual attraction. Some would call you gay, some would call you bi, but the important thing is that you know who you are and use the label (if you feel the need to use a label, which you don't have to) you think suits you best.

#9 Maddy, Mar 9, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  10. crystaltriforce

i guess i still have to figure myself out. but i know i'm going to go through this crap and start questioning myself again, does anyone have advice on what to do about that?

11. littledinosaurs

Are you Bi-curious?

12. crystaltriforce

what do you mean by bi curious?

13. littledinosaurs

Its essentially a Nicer way of saying your are confused.
    Bi-Curious is being curious that you could be bi, but you also could not be. it's a better go between for people who are transitioning to gay, or confused people.
    The term was horribly misused by dumb girls, but it's root is of good purpose.

14. Alex19

i go through the same thing sometimes. ill really like a girls personality, but physically, i could never even think of having sex with them... but i am physically attracted to males and could def see myself in a relationship with one. so, in the end- im gay. i just think that i like some girls personalities a lot and i mistake it for liking them. i havnt felt like that in a long time though- ive been crushing on a new guy who ill never meet...

15. kurisuttofu

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    hmm as for me i dont have any affection to girls everything goes for boiz ;P so im totaly different storry, im not with girls because i know my love wouldnt be true to them :wink:

16. Alannah26

Oh, didnt know that meant that. I thought it meant girls/guys who are straight but just wanted to try out some new things.

I think I feel kinda bi too... I like it when I hook up with guys/flirt with them. But at the same time I fall so helplessly in love with girls- it's like a much deeper feeling than with guys. Strangely, it really depends on the individual person... I don't feel attracted to all guys/girls.

#16 Alannah26, Mar 11, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
  17. littledinosaurs

well the word was taken and used for that purpose but i'm trying to regain its original meaning and take it back lol.