1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I came out to my brother (again).

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Kodo, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Somewhat impulsively, I chose to come out to my older brother again. A year ago, he was the first person in my family to be told that I was trans. Through the following months, he sent mixed messages because he was reconciling the news and was unsure where he stood.

He is living far away now, but I texted him saying that I was sick of being in the closet. I am trans. His answer...

I hear you. I know it's tough. But I'm with you.

He asked me my name and said he supports me all the way. The next time I see him, I'll be transitioning, and he said that he can't wait to see.

After having literally zero support from family and being threatened with disownment from others, it is unbelievable to have someone.

2. Wolfwing

Well it's good to know that he supports you and is trying to make an effort by wanting to know your preferred name.

3. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm so happy for you. You were so brave to reach out again and hopefully this is just the first of many more joyful moments in your journey towards transitioning.

(*hug*)

Eveline

4. rainbowtiger

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm happy for you. You are really brave to reach out. I hope you have many more moments full of joy throughout your life. good luck with everything