1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A pathetic, selfish thread

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Steam Giant, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Steam Giant

Alright, I'm kind of wrestling with posting this thread, so I'm going to do it before I can make up my mind on whether or not to do it. I'm really down lately...okay, really really down. I'm kind of afraid of what I might do.

Initially, I didn't want to do something like this, but the part of me that doesn't want to die really needs the encouragement. I know this is selfish, and pathetic, but I really need to know...so...would some people please be able to point out good things about me that you've noticed? Don't feel obligated to say something, you really don't have to, and I won't hold it against anyone for not doing it or anything. Again, I really wish I didn't have to do this, but I really need to see it. Thank you very much ^^

2. wtinal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    One of my friends committed suicide a few years back. It was absolutely awful. Long story, but a group of her friends got together to have a memorial service, as none of us got to go to the funeral. As we were talking, we realized it is important to give each other positive encouragement.

What are you doing to take care of yourself?

You are always willing to listen.

3. SadConfusedBandGeek

AWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    (*hug*)

You are one of the most friendly kind people i have ever met, like when i go into the chat room you always say hi and ask how i am. Your so kind:slight_smile:

4. Zec24

Hi Steam,

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling so down. I always enjoy talking to you when I get on EC. You have always been supportive and friendly and genuinely interested in what's happening with me.

5. SpikySpice

Well, Steam, I understand that you are always feeling down lately, but hey, life is still beautiful and you dont have to give up

I'm so glad to hear that you still have a part of you that want to move on and being courage

You know, whatever happen, please dont suicide, soem ple thing that committing suicide can solve anything.Well, but actually it dosent, cuz you leave behind your family and friends, and tehy will have to suffer for you.

Well, I'm glad that you speak this out, I'm sure people here will help you out. Look man, you are a nice guy, you are willing to help others, you have to live so they will have chances to help you back:icon_bigg :icon_bigg (*hug*)

So do your best to get over all your emotions, I'm sure you will be happy again, look, you should be happy because YOU mean a lot to life:slight_smile:

6. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You have been a great friend, and I mean it. You really mean a lot to me. You were always there when I needed you, you listened to me when very few people actually did, and that has granted you a place in my heart.

I wish I could fly there right now in order to comfort you...

7. xxAngelOnFirexx

you are sooo awesome!! nice, friendly, caring, there for people when they need to talk! don't give up! you just gotta see the sunshine and rainbows after the storm even if it's barely raining!

8. c_jayo6

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You turned me on to Skinny Puppy...I actually like that one song...cant think of the name..but if it werent for you I wouldnt have any music to blast and make my dad uncomfortable, LOL. Besides that you offer loads of support to everyone else, including me.

OH, and u encouraged me to write some more...i should thank u for that...thanks

9. Steam Giant

Thanks, guys! I may be going away for a little while. I don't think I can trust myself they way I am right now. I'll post again if I don't actually end up going, and I'll also let you guys know when I'm back. Thank you all again, I mean it. Thank you so much.

10. 24601

Steam, I just recently started talking to you, but you were the first person who approached me outside of the main forum and started talking with me. Just by the few PMs you've sent me I can tell that you're a great guy and one of the kindest people I've had the pleasure of knowing. You'll get through this, and if you need some help I'm here for you :grin:

<3

Ryan

11. Sugar

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (*hug*) Steammmmmmmm!!! Aw it makes me sad to know your down like that! Your the main reason why I've come out to so many people. You were so encouraging and you are an amazing motivator. You're fun to talk to, you're funny, sweet, loving, and kind. You truly are a wonderful person :slight_smile:

12. EthanS

EthanS Guest

U r verrrrrrrrrrrry kind.. and u help me wiv my horoscope:icon_bigg :icon_bigg :icon_bigg :icon_bigg :icon_bigg :icon_bigg :icon_bigg

13. aprilblue426

first of all, besides the fact that ur totally AWESOME, u were the first person to befriend me, and that means a lot. :slight_smile: if it wasn't for u, well...i might not've had the courage to do anything and would've missed out on a wonderful thing. thanks a million, dan(*hug*)

14. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Steam, I think you are a very funny person. What has got you down so much that you feel like this? It is not selfish at all! It is reaching out to your friends when you need them. We are here for you. Just talk to us.

15. boarder25

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Steam, you've always been one of the nicest people I know here on EC. Every time I sign onto the chat room and you're there, you always say hi to me ask me how I am. I really appreciate that. I can tell you're such a nice guy from the little bit I've talked to you. I know just how you feel right now, I'm kind of down currently myself. Hang in there bud.

(*hug*)

16. Jim1454

SG, I appreciate you're honesty. And it shines through in this post. There's no point in keeping these dark feelings to yourself. You need to share them, and get help from others. I'm glad you have done that.

I wish there was something more concrete that I could do to help... If there is let me know!

17. TeeBe

Steam! I hope all goes well for you! You helped me come out, you supported me, and you were always there to chat when I needed someone to talk to. (And you are a kickass writer!)

You have my full support: I hope that knowing you have so many friends is at least a comfort. Be strong!

-Tianna

18. Steam Giant

Everybody, thank you all so much! If you haven't read it in the other thread, I was at the mental health ward at my local hospital for the past 12 days. The first few days were really hard for me, but you know what? I got by thinking about you guys ^^ as well as my local friends, too! Thank you all for the support! You've helped me so, so much! I love you all!! (&&&) :love:

19. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome back, my friend! I'm really glad you're back. I missed you :slight_smile: and I look forward to talk to you once more.

20. Isaac

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Although i don't know you personally i can tell you are a very brave person. At one point in your life you excepted that factr that your gay and you have been able to accept and show us that. Although very hard, it takes baby steps. The smallest step evry day. I know ion tehs ummer i get really blue, with nothing to do, i need stuff. I'll go to the movie by myself, go to hockey, watch reruns of m,y favourite tv shwo (Will and Grace), and i find other things. And if there are things you dont like try to chnage them to the best fo your ability.

I use to hate my body, but now i got into a work routine, and im seeing changes. I happier with my body, and begining to love it more. i know it's hard but i can tell your brave. By being able to accept that your gay is a huge step! If you aretempted to do something, procatinate! Go ion the internet,and look around, go for a walk, watch somethign that makess you laugh, and then you'll be tired, and fall asleep. When you awake you'll be happy you didn'tdo it. But thn again,,it's maing it thrugh the nextday. So then find a hobby, read a book, paint, draw, write, bike or what ever you like. I hope you read this and feel better!