1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I come out to my friends?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BelieveinLove94, Jul 12, 2016.

1. BelieveinLove94

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm ready to start coming out to my friends. I'm already out to two and that's only because they are also gay. I think the other friends I want to come out to will accept me because they really aren't homophobic.
    There also two of my moms friends that are also my friends that I can come out to. One of them is gay and I have gone to her a lot and she's never revealed a secret to mom when I asked her not to. I think she would be able to help my mom through the acceptance process.
    Then there is moms other friend that I literally tell everything to. No matter what I tell her stays between us. I've told her how mean my stepdad can be and she gives good advice and has never said a word to mom. I've known her for pretty much my whole life. She's very accepting of he LGBTQ community. Her son has a friend who he has known his whole life who is a lesbian and moms friend said she loved that girl as if she was her own daughter. I really want to tell her but I'm not sure how.
    How can I come out to these friends.

2. Fromslahen

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It almost seems like this is the dream situation for coming out, from what you're saying! Given the amount of out people present in your life, it sounds like a pretty accepting atmosphere that you live in; of course, you know more than myself about that.
    If so, then all you need to worry about is how. Personally I came out to a good few people by drawing a Pride Flag on the back of my hand, which prompted people to ask if there was a reason behind it, which made it a lot easier than to have to bring it up out of the blue. If you want to be more subtle, you could do it on your palm, but I found it wears away a lot quicker there. Other than that, you can always just bring up LGBT+ current events and work from there. There are plenty of ways to approach it, but those are just a few.
    Good luck!